Tips if trident maple turning beige.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have a trident maple and now I'm noticing browning of the tips of a bunch of the leaves.
Can anyone tell me what this could be. The tree did great last season and this year it doesn't look too hot.
It has not been repotted. It's getting about 6 hours of sun.20200521_190541.jpg20200521_190603.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It looks healthy so I'd remove them and move on.

Don't let someone get you believing it's fungus and start spraying a bunch of ssssh.

Keep it healthy and it won't come back.

Sorce

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Dried out once, watch your watering.

agreed.

-or, If you are On top of your watering, and you had a really windy day my be leaf burn.

It looks healthy so I'd remove them and move on.

Don't let someone get you believing it's fungus and start spraying a bunch of ssssh.

Keep it healthy and it won't come back.

Sorce

I cringe everytime I see a maple with minor edge damage and people start yelling “Anthracnose! Douse it in daconil”

😱😱

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
agreed.

-or, If you are On top of your watering, and you had a really windy day my be leaf burn.

I cringe everytime I see a maple with minor edge damage and people start yelling “Anthracnose! Douse it in daconil”

😱😱

Truth truth...

Especially after hearing Walter recently talk about simply keeping trees healthy to avoid problems....

I'm convinced folks are still "weakening" their trees, to great decline.

Prevention Rules!

Hell... prevention works!

Sorce

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Truth truth...

Especially after hearing Walter recently talk about simply keeping trees healthy to avoid problems....

I'm convinced folks are still "weakening" their trees, to great decline.

Prevention Rules!

Hell... prevention works!

Sorce
Yup learned this the hard way, so for a beginner if they learn early on they will find much more success

Top Bottom