Tips of willow leaf ficus yellowish

Gatorade

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hello and good day to all. New to bonsai but completely obsessed. Recently purchased the willow leaf ficus. Some of the leafs are kind of yellowish and slightly brownish mostly at the end of branches. Just wondering if this is normal or something that needs to be fixed or remedied. Thanks yall!

Attachments

• DA7B47FF-527A-4EDE-8616-F84EA19B4D50.jpeg
    DA7B47FF-527A-4EDE-8616-F84EA19B4D50.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 30
  • B94495A9-066B-4D7B-B880-3201E87E0C37.jpeg
    B94495A9-066B-4D7B-B880-3201E87E0C37.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 30

Tums

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
New soft growth is usually a lighter color and becomes darker as it hardens.

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Looks nice and healthy perfectly normal. Mine always seem to have a light rusty hue as well and eventually turn green. Nice looking tree by the way!!!
Be ready to do lots of pruning mine need haircut's often to keep them tight and not to bushy

Last edited:

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice tree...new foliage comes in with a red tint. As the red fades...the foliage is still tender and a lighter shade of green. As it matures...it will darken. A nice healthy tree there. Nothing to worry about.

Gatorade

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
New soft growth is usually a lighter color and becomes darker as it hardens.
Thank you so much. I was wondering if that was the case. really appreciate it.

Gatorade

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Looks nice and healthy perfectly normal. Mine always seem to have a light rusty hue as well and eventually turn green. Nice looking tree by the way!!!
Be ready to do lots of pruning mine need haircut's often to keep them tight and not to bushy
Thank you so much. This forum is great. I really appreciate it. I really thought something was wrong.

Gatorade

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Nice tree...new foliage comes in with a red tint. As the red fades...the foliage is still tender and a lighter shade of green. As it matures...it will darken. A nice healthy tree there. Nothing to worry about.
Than you so much! you are very helpful. I’m so happy I found bonsai and this forum. The bonsi community is amazing.

Gatorade

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thank you so much. I was wondering if that was the case. really appreciate it.
Still figuring this forum thing out. Sorry for replying 3 times to your message. Thanks so much again. Good day

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Than you so much! you are very helpful. I’m so happy I found bonsai and this forum. The bonsi community is amazing.
Quite welcome! I cut my teeth here... I've actually no local club. So my online circle is very important. I wouldn't be where I am today...if it wasn't for them. @Adair M had really pushed me into wiring early on. Which I'm grateful for. Something I wasn't at first comfortable with. Colin Lewis has a great tutorial free of charge for wiring. This is how I learned to wire a tree. It's a great instruction video. https://www.craftsy.com/class/bonsai-wiring-essentials/

Top Bottom