Tips on how do you acidify your water

BISTEK

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I live here in Las Vegas and been growing bonsai for the past 4 years. Our water system here are very hard that makes some of my trees weak and eventually die. I know that mostly trees preferred to have slightly acidic water. Any tips that you can share. I greatly appreciate it

Penjing-Darren

Sapling
Reaction score
The majority of tree species can live in a wide range of soil pH values so long as the proper balance of essential nutrients is available. Extremes in soil pH <4.5 and > 8.5 can make some nutrients unavailable to plants.

1st get you pH tested before you mess around with it. As far as i am concerned no need to pH for Trees, going on a hunch here i doubt its the pH thats harming the trees.
An assumption thou...
If you do want to ph thou, get a pH meter and pH up or down. Hydroponic stores will sell it or even your local Pet-shop will have it if they selling fish.

Or adjust your soil mixture to one that will help neutralise the pH. Organic soils are good at this.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Get a good pH probe to begin with. Those are expensive, but they are accurate. Second place goes to oldschool litmuss or lackmuss paper strips, those are cheap but not as accurate as a good probe.

In the size containers we use, it's best to adjust the water instead of the soil itself; within two weeks the soil pH will be exactly that of your water.

Top Bottom