To the masters of the Desert Rose

DonovanC

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
So I am new to Desert Rose care. I’m helping a friend with his desert rose Bonsai, and after repotting it we immediately watered it. Que dramatic music.
I have found conflicting information as to how long one should wait before watering a freshly repotted Adenium - some sources seem to suggest that it’s not that big of a deal, but most advise a week. Yes, more research was in order before acting - my bad.
What is your experience? How fatal is this? Might the tree be fine if left to dry out? Or should it be taken out and allowed to dry then re-repotted?

PaleFire

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I find them rather easy in zone 7. I treat mine like a tropical in the summer and winter i bring it inside and stop watering

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Outside, I water it just like my other trees. It must be Ok, since it bloomed. It drops it's leaves in the winter indoors, so I water a lot less.

greenman63

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
They're not very fussy, but that might also depend on how much root you cut/removed/damaged during repotting. I would wait for the soil to dry completely, and then give it a little more time than that, before a second watering. They can definitely take dry conditions, but IME they can take a lot of water as long as the weather is relatively hot and sunny.

Top Bottom