To the place of my birth...

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
That is where I camp down there. I have traveled every foot of every path. One day I zigged instead of zagged and covered 18 miles. Watch for signs and it might not happen to you.
Check out camp sites and check cabins. I may have to do the cabin thing some day this winter.
The trails that we walked on (Can’t hike as long with 5 of such varied age ;) ) were WONDERFUL. Bold, exquisite scenery of SUCH a wide array of terrains and habitats. I was honestly DUMBFOUNDED. We ALSO hit the bay for a while, moderate surf, and I had to explain to my sons that THIS water HERE, behaved a little differently here, at this time of day, than the long, straight, combed beaches by the tourist OceanFront. “HERE, boys, if your feet are wet, you’re too close!”
🤣

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
If they've never seen the ocean before, it must be a great holyday for all of you ! :cool:

Is the water warm enough to have a swim ? I remember bathing in the North sea, off the coast of Scotland in the seventies. But I was young at that time, and I was with fellow sports students from Germany. I have a very light colour of skin, but when I got out of the water, it was between blue and burgundy. 😄

Very healthy though. Hammams are closed now because of that damn pandemic, but when I occasionaly go there, I love the cold bath after the sweat room. Makes people strong ;) Those from Finland know that.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Well... on our first driving day home... I took the wrong 64... and ended up going toward DC... so hit some pretty serious one-way traffic.. then when I finally got going the way I wanted, I had wasted 1.5 hours... THEEEN there was a HUGE accident on I-81 north.. everything was pretty backed-up and “bottlenecked”.. sooo we didn’t even make it out of VA today... bedded down in Strasberg..

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Great pic of you and the boys.
Thank you!!! It was hard to get them to stay still in the forest/swamp...

Saw some pretty cool snakes that made me slightly nervous for THEM... i know ‘bout creatures.. and my boys do to.. but they are unfamiliar with venomous snakes.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
If they've never seen the ocean before, it must be a great holyday for all of you ! :cool:

Is the water warm enough to have a swim ? I remember bathing in the North sea, off the coast of Scotland in the seventies. But I was young at that time, and I was with fellow sports students from Germany. I have a very light colour of skin, but when I got out of the water, it was between blue and burgundy. 😄

Very healthy though. Hammams are closed now because of that damn pandemic, but when I occasionaly go there, I love the cold bath after the sweat room. Makes people strong ;) Those from Finland know that.
It was SOO warm! Much warmer than the Pacific (In oregon/northern CA) in the high-summer, actually.

I am roughly half (depending on your opinion of Spaniards and Serbs) NON-“white”.. so I “end up “burning” for a few hours.. then it just turns into skin tone, it’s weird! 🤣🤣🤣

Top Bottom