Toko Kazari 2011

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
So, when is this shindig going to happen? I missed out on last year's, but I refuse to be left out of the festivities this time around...

Attachments

• kazaricolor.jpg
    kazaricolor.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 104

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hope to have a date soon. It will be in the fall, probably around October.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The date for this years Kazari is Sept 3rd.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think you should set the display for Jim, or....gather up some of his trees and stands, buy a scroll and come down and do your own thing. It is a blast for sure.

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
Actually that's the plan. I have had a great idea for a display just sitting in my head for the last year or two. Someone is painting a custom scroll for me, and I might make my own stand for the show depending on school/work load. I probably wont win, but it should be fun.

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
Any chance this date is going to change? I just learned the date for my brother's wedding...September 3'rd... VERY dissapointed. If the date doesn't change, can I have someone else set up my display? Or maybe I can come in a couple days before and set it up? I still want to participate in some way, but maybe I'll have to wait another year.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Any chance this date is going to change? I just learned the date for my brother's wedding...September 3'rd... VERY dissapointed. If the date doesn't change, can I have someone else set up my display? Or maybe I can come in a couple days before and set it up? I still want to participate in some way, but maybe I'll have to wait another year.

If Jim participates this year he can set your display, likewise Seiji Shiba also has participated each year, and I know Katsumi Kinoshita will once again be competeing from Monterey. He will be borrowing a scroll I have. There may be others that may be willing to bring your wares.

Labor Day, what a bitch....

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How was it??? I just wish I could have been there...

You still have a chance to see as well as enter. The date had been changed to Nov. 5th. Sorry I didn't update this thread.

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
I sent an email a few weeks ago, but I have not heard back. Also, I was hoping to set up a display with the "tall atlas cedar" but it still has visible wire on it. Against the rules/guidelines?

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I sent an email a few weeks ago, but I have not heard back. Also, I was hoping to set up a display with the "tall atlas cedar" but it still has visible wire on it. Against the rules/guidelines?

Call Bob Hilvers directly. You can get his number from the GSBF site. He is still the big cheese right now.

Wire on a tree....nothing in the rules about it, show at your own peril......

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Brian, are you in this thing? I was not going to show this year as the design I had for Sept would not show well in Nov.

I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to exhibit since the next one, due to being late this year will not be until possibly May of 2013.

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
Yup, I'm registered and coming down Saturday morning with Jim. Gotta be honest, I'm a little nervous, but it's all fun and games right? Glad your exhibiting as well. May seems like it would be a tough time to make an appropriate display...

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yup, I'm registered and coming down Saturday morning with Jim. Gotta be honest, I'm a little nervous, but it's all fun and games right? Glad your exhibiting as well. May seems like it would be a tough time to make an appropriate display...

Awesome, it is fun, probably the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

Top Bottom