tokoname pots

rich415

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
When you recieve it and you really like the pot, you got a good deal. If you recieve it and you regret it, it was a bad deal.

I have many trees and pots that I probably over or under paid for. I love how enthusiastic the lady is holding the pot!

"Say cheese Honey!"
"Shut up up and take the picture."

Rich

Brian Underwood

Chumono
Reaction score
I think at shows I've seen pots similar for over $100, so you probably got a decent deal. The best part is you bought a pot you like for a specific tree in your collection, the "deal" part shouldn't matter TOO much. I think the most I ever spent on a pot was $140, but because I liked it so much, the price didn't seem to matter.

Mike423

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think you got a reasonably good deal for a Tokoname pot of that size. That seller also seems like a nice guy from the few times I've spoken to him, plus he's not one of the many eBay sellers with high priced crap.

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Probably not a bad deal. I've bought a number of Tokoname through the years, new, used, antiques.

In recent years I've bought a number of Tokoname here: http://www.tokoname.or.jp/bonsai/. Click on "Gallery" and you can see what's available in their 6 galleries. I didn't look all that closely, but I didn't see your pot there, but you can get an idea what they've got. Yen/USD conversions for the price and the shipping will tell you what to expect to pay. Shipping time is several months, and the packing is incredibly well-done. Never any damage at all, and no sense any damage could even be possible. Great folks to do business with.

Top Bottom