sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Worth watching this one?

Max.....!

Duh!

Lol!

I couldn't get to this one so I watched the others again and let them play all night to my subconscious!

I'm bout to ask Sorceress what's up with a tier 2 joint!

I find myself smiling a lot watching these videos, for funny, aha moments, the joy of it!

____

If Ryan was a real estate agent......

No one would hate on him for selling expensive homes over wheeled residences with propane hookups.

I would pay for the free stuff....

The stuff on the regular has to be amazing.

I am a cheap frugal broke ass.

So I understand that if I'm gonna drop $500 random on trees that die, I can bout spend half that, get an education (the free stuff already has me confident to never kill another tree) and actually come out on top!

Go Ryan!

One only need look to cellphone companies to see how profitable and reliable monthly subscription money is.

If we had any questions around the Artisans cup time....
About Ryan's head first deep jump....

The future will never be understood!

Mirai for life!

Sorce

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
I enjoyed hearing him talk about no material being below him. I know it is his business, but I found it cool hearing the story of Kimura being hired to style and ordinary tree.

Great lesson Ryan learned and glad he shared it with us. He did great work last night.

BeebsBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
I tried to watch and was so mad when my internet didn't allow the stream to run. it'd go for ten seconds and freeze completely. I guess I will have to catch the livestream. Ryan is really doing great things for helping everyone learn. Learn to think Bonsai as he says. I would recommend Mirai to anyone. I find more information in one hour of livestream than you often can scouring the internet for a whole evening. I really can't wait for the stream where he finally explains his "vortex" theory of Bonsai.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Shucks.
I missed it.
Who needs Ryan Neil when you've got all the answers? :rolleyes:

It was a very interesting demonstration. I don't think any of us would have picked that material out of the nursery to begin with, and I doubt few if any would have considered the final design that Ryan chose. I hope he provides updates as the tree develops.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
It was a very interesting demonstration. I don't think any of us would have picked that material out of the nursery to begin with, and I doubt few if any would have considered the final design that Ryan chose. I hope he provides updates as the tree develops.

I am going to be very interested to see how his juniper air-layer turns out - with no rooting hormone no less.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Bonsai Nut (or anyone else on the stream last night) - did you catch his explanation of where the final soil line was going to be with respect to those trunks? I was distracted and didn't quite get what he was saying (tried to ask right at the end but they ended the stream).

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
@Bonsai Nut (or anyone else on the stream last night) - did you catch his explanation of where the final soil line was going to be with respect to those trunks? I was distracted and didn't quite get what he was saying (tried to ask right at the end but they ended the stream).

Just above the chalk line.

zelk

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Max.....!

Duh!

Lol!

I couldn't get to this one so I watched the others again and let them play all night to my subconscious!

I find myself smiling a lot watching these videos, for funny, aha moments, the joy of it!

____

No one would hate on him for selling expensive homes over wheeled residences with propane hookups.

So I understand that if I'm gonna drop $500 random on trees that die, I can bout spend half that, get an education (the free stuff already has me confident to never kill another tree) and actually come out on top!

Go Ryan!

One only need look to cellphone companies to see how profitable and reliable monthly subscription money is.

Mirai for life!

Sorce

Can't argue with beautiful Propane I tell you what.

I'm gonna have to watch this when it goes up. When it does... I'll take all the free mirai I can afford

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am going to be very interested to see how his juniper air-layer turns out - with no rooting hormone no less.
This is a great example of a pro putting himself out there, and pushing us to see so many design possibilities. He is bang on when he mentioned clumps, and certain designs rarely used in North America. His statement that a pro should be able to design almost any material was great!

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Max.....!

Duh!

Lol!

____

Go Ryan!

Mirai for life!

Sorce

I have watched all the other free ones and love them... even the one of this guy who eats spruce needles and juniper sap...
I was asking for this one in particular about choosing trees.
I am currently studying for the CFA certification so I have almost no spare time.

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
At one point i must admit that he did come off a little bit high and mighty in his demos and well deserved. However the live streams seem like he is trying to water it down to reach a lower level of bonsai enthusiast. I wonder if he is getting ready to start selling to a different target market or what the reasoning behind the change in his approach is. Or maybe im overthinking things. I enjoy both approaches.

Last edited:

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'll be looking for a recording of this.
When it becomes available, if anyone happens to see it pop up, please post link in here :).

I will look for it at the weekend but no idea how long it usually takes till they get made available.

Top Bottom