Tonight's Bonsai Mirai stream is FREE

BeebsBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Conor, just google bonsai mirai, click on his website and go to archive on the upper banner. It will be there for free to stream. First video in the list. I missed the original stream, which I do rarely and was able to watch it last night.

Drew, as to your point, I am unsure how calculated this stream really was. If you've been noticing his stream topics in the last month or so, a lot are to be determined until the week he streamed. I have a feeling this stream was more of a plan he had to begin but planned to use it when he needed to fill a week. There are only so many topics and techniques he can do before he starts repeating them.

I felt this was a much needed and awaited stream for a lot of Mirai subscribers. Including myself. Although he ended up doing something design-wise that would be difficult for a lot of us to see out of a tree like that, he presented a whole bunch of helpful information when it comes to the thought process in selecting nursery stock.

There's also something else here too. He has always said he wants to improve the quality of bonsai in the US. That his reasoning for starting Mirai was to help disseminate information that is not easy to come by to the average enthusiast. While we know he is also financially motivated, I think this was one of his streams that appealed more to the average joe of bonsai. Many of his streams appeal to the average enthusiast because, for the most part, I think that's his target demographic. But the skills he shows can help almost anyone new or seasoned in bonsai.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Conor, just google bonsai mirai, click on his website and go to archive on the upper banner. It will be there for free to stream. First video in the list. I missed the original stream, which I do rarely and was able to watch it last night.

Drew, as to your point, I am unsure how calculated this stream really was. If you've been noticing his stream topics in the last month or so, a lot are to be determined until the week he streamed. I have a feeling this stream was more of a plan he had to begin but planned to use it when he needed to fill a week. There are only so many topics and techniques he can do before he starts repeating them.

I felt this was a much needed and awaited stream for a lot of Mirai subscribers. Including myself. Although he ended up doing something design-wise that would be difficult for a lot of us to see out of a tree like that, he presented a whole bunch of helpful information when it comes to the thought process in selecting nursery stock.

There's also something else here too. He has always said he wants to improve the quality of bonsai in the US. That his reasoning for starting Mirai was to help disseminate information that is not easy to come by to the average enthusiast. While we know he is also financially motivated, I think this was one of his streams that appealed more to the average joe of bonsai. Many of his streams appeal to the average enthusiast because, for the most part, I think that's his target demographic. But the skills he shows can help almost anyone new or seasoned in bonsai.

Oh, thank you for the info.
At the time I was on way to work so I wasn't able to see how the site was structured or anything like that.
Thanks, :)

Tidal Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I really enjoyed this stream on nursery stock! I would have never picked that piece of stock, and he really explained his rationale well. As someone new to bonsai, I learned a lot of great tips to pick the best piece of material at an affordable price. The story about Kimura and the $10 tree was fantastic also! As long as the material is interesting, we have no reason to be ashamed of working on cheap trees from big box stores/nurseries.

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9

Well said.

Top Bottom