Too Hot

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
While we're complaining, I'd point out that SC has some very different zones; coastal, plateau, and higher than that. (I think they even have names!)

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
While we're complaining, I'd point out that SC has some very different zones; coastal, plateau, and higher than that. (I think they even have names!)
As does most of the East Coast. Virginia has zone 5 through zone 8. That's 4 zones.

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Where in SC are you? We hit 91ºF today. We saw 95-97 3 days this week.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
It’s been around 100 in my microclimate lately.. 80’s outside in the landscape..

Arizona and SoCal are REEEEEAL hot right now.. even PNW, i believe, is pushing ridiculous temps...

I replied before I read the whole thread.. but what’s the story on those low-ground junipers BEFORE.. like.. when were they last repotted, pruned or wired..

What kind of soil have you using?

What kind of fert?

Where are they living?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm for auto watering through the hottest part of the day.

Sorce

Ruddigger

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
So you pruned the roots and put the trees in potting soil. I have bad luck with junipers in organic soil, it’s very easy to overwater.

I killed several in my early days because of this. I thought there was no way I could keep a tree alive in the Southern California heat using a purely inorganic soil, but once I switched I haven’t lost another tree.

Reactions: Cip
Top Bottom