Too late

coachspinks

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have a couple of well established junipers that I'd like to repot. They aren't ones that have to be repotted but I would be improving potting angle on both. I am in southern North Ga, almost central Ga. Both still have light green growth pushing. Root pruning - about 20% of the root ball. Is it too late here?

Ali Raza

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
As a noob I had repotted couple of juniper from early summer to winter without taking anything in account. Now when I think about these blunders, very first thought comes into my mind is that my juniper will die without any warning. It makes me anxious, but I think they forgave me and almost all are thriving well.

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
As a noob I had repotted couple of juniper from early summer to winter without taking anything in account. Now when I think about these blunders, very first thought comes into my mind is that my juniper will die without any warning. It makes me anxious, but I think they forgave me and almost all are thriving well.
The other interpretation of the results is that they weren't blunders. Now you only need to figure out why it was, in fact, a smart thing you did.

Ali Raza

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
The other interpretation of the results is that they weren't blunders. Now you only need to figure out why it was, in fact, a smart thing you did.
We all do mistakes and kill the plants on the way to bonsai. I want to learn and figure out more about bonsai, that is how i came to the bonsainut.
Anyway feeling relief from your comment. Guess I was flukey.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I swore I heard (protecting his name in case of false credit) say that Junipers could be repotted any day of the year by an experienced artist. I only dabbled in the genus but never killed anyhting, I treated all mine pretty harsh before selling them or planting them as landscape

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Ya know, there are numbers at each post, #1, #2, #3, and if you just post the number(s), it won't be necessary to read through all 49...

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
I've repotted junis in three of 4 seasons. Early is bad. They took some time to recover. Shortly after growth started proved okay, late summer and fall they didn't skip a beat. Even pushed new growth well into November. August 15-end of Sept for me

Top Bottom