TOO MANY FORUMS

LEAVESOFGRASS

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Too many forums for us beginners on here. Need a search function to funnel through everything. JMHO

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Well I use my smartphone but it's just a small magnifying glass looking icon under the "alerts" tab.

LEAVESOFGRASS

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Well I use my smartphone but it's just a small magnifying glass looking icon under the "alerts" tab.

I'm on mobile so it may only be available when you're on lab top or PC. I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks!

LEAVESOFGRASS

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
...and then there's the "new posts" button...click on that and every post since your last visit pops up. Easy peasy

Thank! You! I will absolutely use this. That way I can filter thorough the nonsense. I need basic questions answered specifically for certain reasons and I don't want to just look through a bunch of threads. Thanks all.

LEAVESOFGRASS

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
If you can't find the search function on this forum you are going to have a hell of a time growing a bonsai tree

Again....I'm on mobile so it's not there. I actually have been okay so far. Just got in the game 6 months or so ago and nothing has died yet. Started with Juniper.

PeteMoss

Seedling
Reaction score
I'm on mobile and the search icon is as clear as a bell....

How's it going so far with your Juniper? Something tells me not good....

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
If you can't find the search function on this forum you are going to have a hell of a time growing a bonsai tree
I'm on mobile and the search icon is as clear as a bell....

How's it going so far with your Juniper? Something tells me not good....
Hey Pete, I gotta say...you're first two posts on the forum are real winners...truly overwhelmingly heart felt and helpful posts to be sure:rolleyes:.

LEAVESOFGRASS

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Whoa....didn't expect to get run over on here. Sorry guys. Sounds like an A, B forum. You know the rest. Sorry again.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Turn your phone sideways and you will find all sorts of things.
Or like some people just start at the beginning and read everything.

PeteMoss

Seedling
Reaction score
Geeez, sorry Dav. Has anyone seen the new Star Wars?

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
With all the forums that are already on this site, I often wonder...why not add one more, call it "best threads" or something like that, and just have links to threads that contain solid information. Or just create a single pinned thread somewhere that can contain this kind of information. Maybe one "beginners" list and one "advanced topics" list or something like that.

I realize this would require someone's time and effort to create and maintain, maybe a group of volunteers could do it, people who have been doing bonsai for long enough to be able to identify good information.

Search function works but is quirky...can't search for short words (so for example, you can't search for "pH"), and some words are rejected by the search function as being too common.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
You can search in mobile as well. Just click the magnifying glass in the right hand corner.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
contain solid information.

I can't think of a thread that doesn't include at least a little BS!
Least not since I been here!:p;)

Turn your phone sideways and you will find all sorts of things.
Or like some people just start at the beginning and read everything.

Sideways adds a lot.

But reading everything?
I accomplished that at BSG....

But here.....it would be like binge watching, Family Ties, the Smurfs, the Walking Dead, and The Sopranos...over and over and over.....and forever!

Pete Moss.....lol......but Dav4 is right.....we gotta remain peaceful!

L.O.G
You may as well just ask the questions again yourself....under titles you can remember to search....after all....your climate...your tree.....your situation.....
You'll have more questions anyway!
:p

Sorce

Top Bottom