Too much raffia

Ming dynasty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
I bought too much Raffia, didn’t realize how much 6lb of it actually is lol. What’s the best way to store them? Do they go bad? Anyone looking for some?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mice and birds love this stuff for nesting. I would store it in a tin or a stout bucket.

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
FYI, aside from its usual use in bonsai for wrapping branches when doing big bends, a second use for raffia is bind roots to a rock when doing a root-over-rock plantings. So, you can try to use some of it up that way.

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I got some from Hobby Lobby this weekend. It's in a package about the size of a sheet of paper and would be weighed in grams. I can only imagine 5 pounds LOL

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I got some from Hobby Lobby this weekend. It's in a package about the size of a sheet of paper and would be weighed in grams. I can only imagine 5 pounds LOL
Yea I bought 600 grams of it and that is enough to keep my busy for a while.

SIX POUNDS? I think that would be enough for an entire large bonsai convention with some left over

Ming dynasty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Yea I bought 600 grams of it and that is enough to keep my busy for a while.

SIX POUNDS? I think that would be enough for an entire large bonsai convention with some left over

Maybe I’ll start selling some away.

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I thought about offering 10 or 12 bucks for a 8x11 envelope full but it'd prob be more hassle than it's worth. Offer is out there

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I thought about offering 10 or 12 bucks for a 8x11 envelope full but it'd prob be more hassle than it's worth. Offer is out there
Check the prices for packages of them on Amazon. I think I got mine for something like $14 for 300 grams

Top Bottom