Too much rain?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So we are evidently having a monsoon season in my neck of the woods thus month. With most of my trees still dormant, I always start to worry around this time of year if they're getting TOO wet, as they're all just heeled in under mulch around my potting shed. Has anyone had issues with too much rain causing root rot this time of year?

Jzack605

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Unless they are in standing water it’s not going to be an issue.

You can always dig a hole, fill with water to saturate the soil and fill again and observe and time how long the hole holds water. 4” drained in about an hour is ideal.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So we are evidently having a monsoon season in my neck of the woods thus month. With most of my trees still dormant, I always start to worry around this time of year if they're getting TOO wet, as they're all just heeled in under mulch around my potting shed. Has anyone had issues with too much rain causing root rot this time of year?

You ain’t kidding homie. It’s like it’s been raining nearly every day and often all through the night. I brought a couple that are in nursery soil into the garage to dry out a bit. Under the eave of the house only does so much..
@Jzack605, I hope you’re right ;)

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
All that rain flushes out the stagnant that causes root rot.

Sorce

Top Bottom