too much rain

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Plus, I have been pondering how @M. Frary gets away with no problems without sifting.

A contradiction I have been hunting to solve.

It's the water.

Sorce

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
this may be a stupid question, but what do you do to dry out your trees soil when there has been a week of straight rain?
the trees I have planted in a mix with 8822, which seems to stay wet longer, I have brought inside and have a fan blowing on their pots for a day
what do you guys do?
Difficult, 8822 holds a lot of water and compacts easily, best bet is to keep trees in a protected area when there is lots of rain. Tipping pots might help excess water holding in spaces but not the absorbed amount.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Difficult, 8822 holds a lot of water and compacts easily, best bet is to keep trees in a protected area when there is lots of rain. Tipping pots might help excess water holding in spaces but not the absorbed amount.
Thank you for saying that, I thought I was crazy since everyone seems to love it so much. But I had bougies in 8822 and it does stay too wet. They are tough plants, but too much water is bad news for them and that substrate holds on to the water too long.

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
this may be a stupid question, but what do you do to dry out your trees soil when there has been a week of straight rain?
the trees I have planted in a mix with 8822, which seems to stay wet longer, I have brought inside and have a fan blowing on their pots for a day
what do you guys do?
How much is too much? 200 inches? Yes! No matter what you do, this is too much. I lost many heart crushers before resorting to this. P1020422.jpeg

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Plus, I have been pondering how @M. Frary gets away with no problems without sifting.

A contradiction I have been hunting to solve.

It's the water.

Sorce
I water them even after it rains.
People that say particle size matters are just wrong.
Especially the ones that use akadama.
Since it breaks down their argument on particle size is out the window.

Top Bottom