Tool manufacturer's ID

butlern

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Similar question to Sansui's, but thought I'd start a separate thead:

I picked up some tools recently, and they are certainly not antique, made of carbon steel, and they appear crudely finished along the non-cutting surfaces. First picture shows cavity/void along cutting surfaces, which along with the maker's stamp, I thought would be quick and easy for someone here to ID.

I picked these up for hardly any money, and I suspect these are cheap-o's, but I thought I'd check here to see if anyone could help me identify the manufacturer.

They do cut well and there's zero play, so pretty happy with them considering the "shear" number of tools I got as part of a large set (Bunch of Kiku cutters came with the 20+ piece set) and for such little money.

Thanks in adavnce

Noah
IMG_1877.JPGshear ID mark.JPG

BunjaeKorea

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Similar question to Sansui's, but thought I'd start a separate thead:

I picked up some tools recently, and they are certainly not antique, made of carbon steel, and they appear crudely finished along the non-cutting surfaces. First picture shows cavity/void along cutting surfaces, which along with the maker's stamp, I thought would be quick and easy for someone here to ID.

I picked these up for hardly any money, and I suspect these are cheap-o's, but I thought I'd check here to see if anyone could help me identify the manufacturer.

They do cut well and there's zero play, so pretty happy with them considering the "shear" number of tools I got as part of a large set (Bunch of Kiku cutters came with the 20+ piece set) and for such little money.

Thanks in adavnce

Noah
View attachment 261039View attachment 261040
The stamp is only oartial but I am pretty sure it says
天麻子. Looks like high end Chinese or probably Taiwanese. Don't know that brand...hope it helps.

butlern

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I found this:

But I am unable to interpret what is being communicated on this page.

Top Bottom