Tool question

Ming dynasty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Quick question, can you use root cutter as knob cutter? I think you can use root cutter as branch splitter.

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Of course not silly goose. Why you think they called it root cutters? Also, yiu can't use regular scissors on your bonsai. Gotta use bonsai shears only. Same with soil. Bags label bonsai soil only for your bonsai 😜

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Seriously, I suppose one could, depending on the size of the cut to be made. At a certain point the leverage of a knob cutter would definitely come into play.

I use knob cutters to chip away at azalea branches to pre shape a cut before chiseling the final surface smooth so go figure.

Knob cutters do have a specialized reason for existence and do that particular task better then most.

cheers
DSD sends

Ming dynasty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Seriously, I suppose one could, depending on the size of the cut to be made. At a certain point the leverage of a knob cutter would definitely come into play.

I use knob cutters to chip away at azalea branches to pre shape a cut before chiseling the final surface smooth so go figure.

Knob cutters do have a specialized reason for existence and do that particular task better then most.

Ok got you, I suppose I need to get a knob cutter so that I don’t mess up the root cutter. Thank you for your help

cheers
DSD sends

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Imho first tool thing a bonsai hobbyist ought to learn to do is how to properly use, care for and sharpen all the tools one has in their inventor. Having a dull tool is as bad as having a dull knife.

Many tools can be multipurposed if one knows how to properly use and care for each tool.

cheers
DSD sends

Top Bottom