Tool sharpening stone set

Firstflush

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3-4
Not super super precise, however, I like the corona carbide sharpener you can get from most Lowe’s and Depots.
Pruners and scissors all day…

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Fascinating. I like to see people do something well and correctly.

I use a chefs sharpening steel on knives. I had someone teach me years ago how to use it and happened to find a professional one at an estate sale for next to nothing. It works beautifully on knives but I've never tried it on scissors. It takes less than 2 minutes to sharpen a knife in the kitchen but I wouldn't know quite how to use it on scissors or tools. It probably wouldn't be hard to do scissors but I'm really just very comfortable with the knives and wouldn't want to figure out scissors. I probably wouldn't have taught myself but the woman who taught me was a chef and she made it very easy.

I was going to buy a felco sharpening tool for blades but haven't done so yet. They're sold on Amazon.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
…. Similarly, but some old and some new school, diamond, ceramic, Arkansas natural, etc, etc, etc here’s a few.

Note I too use the King KW65 water stone. Pretty good for 30.00 at Amazon.

5E0CB811-DF19-44AB-8F2E-346E27AE3FF6.jpeg

Happy Thanksgiving!
DSD sends

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I use a series of whetstones (120, 240, 400, 800, 1000, 6000, and 12000 grit) to sharpen my scissors and kiridashi, which seem to be the tools that need sharpening most frequently. I don’t typically start with the coarsest stone in the series as that removes more material than is truly necessary. I don’t have a good sharpening solution for concave cutters, but I guess I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. I haven’t really needed to sharpen them yet.

JesusFreak

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Has anyone used the tools from American Bonsai? Was considered buying them

Canada Bonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
Top Bottom