Tool source in Europe

Matte91

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hello!

I'm looking to buy some new tools and equipment. I'm interested in medium quality tools. Maybe high quality if the price is right.

Do anybody has experience buying at Britishbonsai.co.uk ?

Where do you buy your tools?

Thank you in advance!

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I get my wire clippers at the hardware store. High quality for a decent price, and a four to six year factory guarantee in most cases.
Concave cutters and knob cutters I haven't found in such places, so I got those off of ebay. For some reason they're the same ones that most European bonsai stores advertise. Prices don't differ much, but ebay has free shipping most of the times.

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I used them https://tianbonsaiprofessionaltools.../1013114?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.f7254c4deFaf2m

I got some tools from Kaizen but i wasnt impressed with quality, i sent them back, instead i got Stainless Still version from the shop abopve with even better price than Kaizen Carbon steel( he gets them as OEM from i think china and pack them up in the retail boxes, there is no differences if you get them directly from China
Delivery took about 2 weeks.
Tools are really good, here are the shears i got as an example

Matte91

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I used them https://tianbonsaiprofessionaltools.../1013114?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.f7254c4deFaf2m

I got some tools from Kaizen but i wasnt impressed with quality, i sent them back, instead i got Stainless Still version from the shop abopve with even better price than Kaizen Carbon steel( he gets them as OEM from i think china and pack them up in the retail boxes, there is no differences if you get them directly from China
Delivery took about 2 weeks.
Tools are really good, here are the shears i got as an example

Thank you for your answer. That look interesting. Did you buy the standard or professionel quality?

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I went for Proffesional range, there is even better one that is called Master range but for my skills and wallet Proffesional range was spot on.

If you go for Stainless Still you cant go wrong.

Matte91

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I went for Proffesional range, there is even better one that is called Master range but for my skills and wallet Proffesional range was spot on.

If you go for Stainless Still you cant go wrong.
It says the delivery time is about 20-40 days. How did you get them in 2 weeks? :)

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Simply quality wasnt worth the price he is looking for, thats all, maybe i got the bad one i dont know but not really interested to try it again.
He uses OEM equipment and pack them in the Kaizen packaging, they are not custom made tools or specialy made for him, its the same tool that you can get cheaper without his box.
You can get better value somewhere else.

Matte91

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I was actually going to buy the stainless steel tools from kaizen.

With customs etc. Tian bonsai tools cost the same as kaizen stainless steel tools.

Would love to hear others opinions on kaizen stainless steel tools.

Matte91

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Simply quality wasnt worth the price he is looking for, thats all, maybe i got the bad one i dont know but not really interested to try it again.
He uses OEM equipment and pack them in the Kaizen packaging, they are not custom made tools or specialy made for him, its the same tool that you can get cheaper without his box.
You can get better value somewhere else.
Do you think the quality of the kaizen carbon steel are the same as kaizen stainless steel? They claims the tools are japanese handmade.

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The one i got was carbon steel version.
If you are smart when buying you wont pay any customs, for IRL anything below value of 25 euro is not a subject to custom charges. Order them in smaller quantity, and not all in one day.
You will get them in couple of packagings but free of customs charge.

I cant say anything about Kaizen SS tools.

Top Bottom