Tools , tools, which tools?

Cue

Seed
Reaction score
Could someone guide me to buy some decent tools that will not fall apart after 2-3 uses PLEASE!

Ryceman3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Kaneshin are a Japanese brand that have a pretty extensive range. I have several of their tools and all are nice quality. I ordered direct from the website which I found pretty simple with fast and efficient delivery. I’m sure there are plenty of other brands that are equivalent but these are the tools I know and have personally.
Link to site is
Hopefully that helps.

Joe Dupre'

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
The ".... fall apart after 2-3 uses " thing seems a bit unusual. Are you maybe forcing the tools to do more than they are capable of? If you ever have to grunt when using a bonsai tool, chances are you have the wrong tool for the job. I use Tiny Roots tools from Bonsai Outlet. Not super expensive, but they have been doing the job very well for the last 4 years.

BuckeyeOne

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The ".... fall apart after 2-3 uses " thing seems a bit unusual. Are you maybe forcing the tools to do more than they are capable of? If you ever have to grunt when using a bonsai tool, chances are you have the wrong tool for the job. I use Tiny Roots tools from Bonsai Outlet. Not super expensive, but they have been doing the job very well for the last 4 years.
Ageed. I've used generic Chinese knockoffs and not broke one yet! What are you trying to cut?

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
That's interesting to hear because I couldn't find anyone who had used tiny roots. Good to hear.

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I buy American Bonsai.
I learned the hard way don’t cut fat branches with your tools. Use a hand saw for those.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Kaneshin has a great website to learn from.
Plus great tools.

But true, you shouldn't use the too much on too big.

Plus. Not all wood is equal!
A hardness scale.

2dce52_46f95dd189214b8599fa736856b3781f_mv2.jpg

Buy a good small saw!

Sorce

Top Bottom