Toronto Bonsai Society - 2019 Fall Show - PHOTOS

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
TBS_2019_FallShow_Poster_1200px.jpg

Also a little late on the upload on this one.

I went black... but I think I'm gonna go back to grey for future shows.. My lighting was off too. sigh.

enjoy.

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
View attachment 286730

Also a little late on the upload on this one.

I went black... but I think I'm gonna go back to grey for future shows.. My lighting was off too. sigh.

enjoy.

I think you need to get off your case.
It is an excellent photograph.

You want to do something different next time = great, keep creating great images 👏 :D

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think you need to get off your case.
It is an excellent photograph.

You want to do something different next time = great, keep creating great images 👏 :D

Thank you. I appreciate that.

I am my worst critic.

I get to shoot the whole show in about 8 hours, which includes set up and tear down. I don't have much time to individually sculpt each shot with light, so I find a set up that works for most trees, and then spray and pray. What I envision sometimes doesn't translate in the end product. Which is the case here... but I am overall happy with them.

The members that help me are great ferrying the trees around. I am very grateful for their help. We got some patented techniques going now. See.. you can't just wheel in the tree into the shooting space. It has to be carefully lifted onto a stage before it has to be carefully lifted again onto the shooting table. It's good times. We got some big ones in our club. Heavy. Sometimes two people carry and one spots. Anyhow I'm rambling. Thanks for appreciating them.

Top Bottom