Toyo Nishiki Improved Forest

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
My Toyo Nishiki Improved began its life as 5 cuttings. I originally called this tree a forest, because I viewed the cutting as separate. Now I view them as joined, but instead of a forest, I call it a thicket.

Brent Walston has had some difficulty with the Toyo Nishiki Improved, because apparently the stock plants have reverted to their original form.

With my tree, there have been changes but nothing quite so severe as what has happened to the stock plants. My tree is not a pure Toyo Nishiki, because the colors of the flowers aren’t pure red, pink and white.

My tree is beautiful to look at, so I’m intent on enjoying it for what it is, no matter what its name is.

View attachment 361930
That's really lovely.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
My Toyo Nishiki Improved began its life as 5 cuttings. I originally called this tree a forest, because I viewed the cutting as separate. Now I view them as joined, but instead of a forest, I call it a thicket.

Brent Walston has had some difficulty with the Toyo Nishiki Improved, because apparently the stock plants have reverted to their original form.

With my tree, there have been changes but nothing quite so severe as what has happened to the stock plants. My tree is not a pure Toyo Nishiki, because the colors of the flowers aren’t pure red, pink and white.

My tree is beautiful to look at, so I’m intent on enjoying it for what it is, no matter what its name is.

View attachment 361930
Love the combination. Thanks for posting this Fred. Beautiful display. I have been propagating cuttings of this cultivar for four years now and have a few to play with. Your display has encouraged me to combine a few.

Top Bottom