TP Bougainvillea

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Inspiration
While I think that's seriously nice stock, it's got a long way from being bonsai and too early for that price. It appears to have been collected, chopped and potted. Some light pruning after growth.

Here's more of what I'd like

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Curious about my positioning of my tree. @Adair M or anomybody. Did I plant the tree in a good spot? Should it be more to the side of the primary trunk? I outlined how i imagine where the canopy will grow to with time. I'm thinking maybe it should be more to the side of the primary trunk now.
20200129_090433.jpg

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I like that yellow pot BUT, for me, its use here depends very heavily on the flower color and I didn't see any pix of flowers in the thread. Without flowers, this pot will tend to be the visual focus instead of the tree. Periwinkle/lavender purples look good to my eye with limey greens. Deeper purples would be great with this yellow. Pinkish purples really pop with dark blues.

Anyway, you've got some great pots @thumblessprimate1. This yellow (Bunzan?) is no exception.

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I like that yellow pot BUT, for me, its use here depends very heavily on the flower color and I didn't see any pix of flowers in the thread. Without flowers, this pot will tend to be the visual focus instead of the tree. Periwinkle/lavender purples look good to my eye with limey greens. Deeper purples would be great with this yellow. Pinkish purples really pop with dark blues.

Anyway, you've got some great pots @thumblessprimate1. This yellow (Bunzan?) is no exception.
Yes, Bunsan or Bunzan. Here's a picture with me cheating to get flowers 😆 The flowers look almost pink for some reason. There are darker purples, but this is the kind mine is.
IMG_20200129_145857_203.jpg

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
As it is makes the flowers be the focus - the pot is just a harmonious stage for the whole composition. IOW hard to beat by me. It may be a bit boring without flowers, but ... (so?)

The Bunsan introduces two new attention getting colors (yellow and red) that I think might not work so well. Still it might be more fun, I just don't know. I love the Bunsan. I like the tree. Just not confident they should be together. This is one you'll just have to sit with and decide according to your own taste.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Curious about my positioning of my tree. @Adair M or anomybody. Did I plant the tree in a good spot? Should it be more to the side of the primary trunk? I outlined how i imagine where the canopy will grow to with time. I'm thinking maybe it should be more to the side of the primary trunk now.
View attachment 281236
I would have placed the tree a little more to the right. Just off center, but on the right of center.

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I would have placed the tree a little more to the right. Just off center, but on the right of center.
Yeah. I didnt think that until I got through repotting and looking at the pictures. I'll move at next repot. I appreciate your input.

Top Bottom