USDA Zone
8a
Last edited:

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I'm not a member and FB won't let me in.

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I thought I was the only one that doesn't do FB.

Brian

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have FB but you have to join the group to look. I didn't like that...

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Yeah, but he asked about folks in NC and SC. I'm right on the border of the two. :eek:

But I won't join FB to find out what he's got.

Jester217300

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Martin, not trying to be a dick, but just FYI Mark will make you pull the BC listing if he finds you're offering the same sale piece elsewhere (here). I have no problem with it but just wanted to make sure you knew, as well.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Martin, not trying to be a dick, but just FYI Mark will make you pull the BC listing if he finds you're offering the same sale piece elsewhere (here). I have no problem with it but just wanted to make sure you knew, as well.

To be sure... that would be why he made the post with a link to the listing. :) He's simply advertising the sale. :)

V

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

That makes me wonder what his REAL intentions/motives are. He "sells" the creation of the FB site as helping fellow hobbyist but with strings attached? Hmmmm

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
That makes me wonder what his REAL intentions/motives are. He "sells" the creation of the FB site as helping fellow hobbyist but with strings attached? Hmmmm

Oh tosh Dario..... lol

He's trying to discourage people from selling something elsewhere and there-by disappointing the people who are actively bidding through his list. The integrity of the list is what makes it work. People being honest in their bids.... fast in their payments... and prompt in their shipping. It's the premise that built ebay, trust. But this is with no fees... and no one benefits but the buyers and sellers. He actually has to put work into it.... moderating it, and making sure people register reserves with him so he keeps it all above board... and he gets nothing but good will from those of us who have benefited from the effort. :)

No conspiracy here.... nothing to see.... keep moving on... lol

V

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Oh. If it is bidding then I agree. I thought it is directly for sale.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They have auctions that last for about 5 days, but in between the auctions you can post items for sale as Martin is doing.

The moderating on that facebook group is pretty heavy but that's part of the reason it works (along with it being private, which immediately cuts out most of the riff-raff). I can see the reason for them not wanting items posted in multiple places. For instance, if Martin (or anyone) posts there and somewhere else at the same time, there is the potential he sells it at the other place just as someone is trying to buy it on facebook. You can argue there's nothing wrong with that, but if that's not how they want it...play by the rules.

Definitely some good buys on that site (though I haven't purchased anything yet), also a fair amount of questionable/overpriced material.

Anyone who isn't on facebook or won't join for whatever reason...your choice! Plenty of other places to buy trees, pots, etc.

Chris

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I've mostly bought pots and some art from Ken To... but I just purchased a chochubai cutting. It was expensive... but so is the species in general. lol So $35 seemed a reasonable start. There was an $800 ginko I'm kicking myself for not buying. o_O

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I've mostly bought pots and some art from Ken To... but I just purchased a chochubai cutting. It was expensive... but so is the species in general. lol So $35 seemed a reasonable start. There was an $800 ginko I'm kicking myself for not buying. o_O

In auction though...you do not know how far the other guy will go. Thought it ended at $800...it could be $2,000 or more if you joined the prey. ;)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
In auction though...you do not know how far the other guy will go. Thought it ended at $800...it could be $2,000 or more if you joined the prey. ;)

I think it was pulled when no one initially bid on it... he probably wasn't REALLY willing to let it go for 800....lol I should have bid when my gut told me to. lol When I went back to look for it, it was gone. :(

It was 18 inches tall with a 4 inch wide trunk.... AND chichis!!!!

Soooo sad......

V

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sounds like indeed a bargain for $800.

Like they say...snooze, you lose. :p

Sekibonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Yes it had rather nice chi-chi's didn't it... ;^)

Top Bottom