Tree ID apps for phone

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
If people are out finding wild material. The apps for tree ID works pretty well. It even works well when the tree is dormant and without leaves. It’s good for a basic ID of the genus and species. But when it comes to cultivars and varieties it doesn’t register as well. Does anyone else use these apps?

HENDO

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
If people are out finding wild material. The apps for tree ID works pretty well. It even works well when the tree is dormant and without leaves. It’s good for a basic ID of the genus and species. But when it comes to cultivars and varieties it doesn’t register as well. Does anyone else use these apps?
Google Lens works so-so. It seems to be mostly accurate for flowering plants, about 50% for conifers when I use it.

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Google Lens works so-so. It seems to be mostly accurate for flowering plants, about 50% for conifers when I use it.
I’ve never tried google lense. I have the app called ‘seek’. There is one my friend has that works better I just got seek to try it because it can Id animals and mushrooms. But it has worked well, I think it misidentified a tree once or twice with me.

Top Bottom