Tree identification

soflobonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
Can someone help me identify this tree type? Believe it's tropical; found in a nursery in south Florida 5 years ago and they are gone. Very Hardy and has produced some babies 20220804_143817.jpg

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
To help out a bit could you include close ups of the leaf bundles, buds, flowers or seeds.
There are plenty of people here with tropicals and several live in Florida.
Also please put your location in your profile.

soflobonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
Here is one of the suckers separated last year, for a better close up20220804_143803.jpg

soflobonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
To help out a bit could you include close ups of the leaf bundles, buds, flowers or seeds.
I can't find where to edit my profile. The tree originally came a town west of Fort Lauderdale, but now I am in St. Petersburg, FL

berzerkules

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can't find where to edit my profile. The tree originally came a town west of Fort Lauderdale, but now I am in St. Petersburg, FL
Click on your profile icon in the top right of your screen then click on account details. From there you can edit your profile.

soflobonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, is this 2nd photo close enough; I have never seen flowers or seeds on this tree

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
could be Nashia inaguensis, Bahama berry?
Mine has a splayed growth habbit with very long arching branches. It also has flowers almost all of the time, but they are not pretty and they don't smell good.

soflobonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
could be Nashia inaguensis, Bahama berry?
I think you got it, although I just remembered seeing a few of those flowers hiding under the leaves earlier in the season, but don't think I ever had it flower like this before because it was always in lower light in my south Florida garden...much more exposed here in St Pete, but it is thriving. Thank you so very much.

Top Bottom