Tree M.I.A.

Flowerhouse

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Happy update!!! At 8 this morning, said idiot neighbor is knocking on the door with a big box. If I would have come to the door, there would have been some words about why he had waited 3 days to bring it over. I know he didn't just notice it, because I checked out his front porch and side door and there was no box sitting there. I suspect maybe Fed-Ex may have contacted him. My husband just took the box and thanked him. 🤦‍♀️. Anyway, it was packed really well and seems OK.View attachment 349566View attachment 349567
Hurray for the neighbors! I'm so glad they (finally) brought it over to you!

Javaman4373

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah I dont know how Amazon does it, but Amazon packages without fail come on time. Anything else USPS is at least a couple days delayed for me, sometimes more than a week late. Fedex seems to be better. It was like that all last year for me, no idea why. I hate to hear it's a problem for so many
Our mail delivery lady was complaining to me about Amazon. She thinks they are exploiting the USPS and the USPS gets little in return. She has had to deliver a mattress and a chaise lounge on her rural route.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Our mail delivery lady was complaining to me about Amazon. She thinks they are exploiting the USPS and the USPS gets little in return. She has had to deliver a mattress and a chaise lounge on her rural route.
That’s ridiculous!!! Normally you would think they would have measures in place to avoid situations like that.

The carriers around my area seem to coordinate... I know that’s technically illegal... but... eh.

I sent out a “joke text” (not really a joke.. but a funny fact)... around Christmas to my family that read:

“Anyone else having their USPS Priority packages delivered by uniformed UPS employees driving yellow Penske Rental trucks?”

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That's crazy...my rural mail lady also says Amazon,UPS and FedEx runs things through them. And I have gotten all the above from USPS. Not sure why...anyways. She calls me from town to say package to big to fit into my jeep with her other packages. (Typically barn door hardware) so I go pick them up up town. No way would she bring that out...and I don't expect it of her. Maybe mention it to your mail lady. Save her back.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
And you have BLOOMS! Looks none the worse for wear. So glad for you.

Did the box mention live plants inside? Just curious.

It has a plastic black sleeve Round the trunk? Or what is that?
I'm not sure if the box said "live plant", my husband burned the box already. The black thing is just a zip-tie with the sellers name on it. I cut it off.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Looks like a sasanqua camellia - aka Yuletide!
Yes it is. I'm a bit conflicted about where to keep it. Everything I've read says they are best overwintered somewhere between 40-59 degrees, I can't provide that. It's either the garage or under the lights inside. I think since it's blooming, I'm going to try and keep it inside until spring. But any advice would be appreciated.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Hurray for the neighbors! I'm so glad they (finally) brought it over to you!
I'm just curious if Fedex may have contacted them. This is the second time I've filed a missing package complaint with FedEx and then that same neighbor shows up with the box days after it was delivered.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
That's ridiculous.

Moridin

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I walked out side the other day and Just realized there is one of these planted in the island by my driveway. How do they do with cuttings?

Beautiful Flowers:)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I walked out side the other day and Just realized there is one of these planted in the island by my driveway. How do they do with cuttings?

Beautiful Flowers:)
Maybe ask @Mellow Mullet about cuttings, he may have experience with them. I'm just happy my tree is alive and super happy it's blooming.

Firstflush

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3-4
My landscape Yuletide is just coming on with buds.
Every time I see or hear the word Yuletide, I think of “Roll Tide” as in Alabama football....hahahahaha!

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Happy update!!! At 8 this morning, said idiot neighbor is knocking on the door with a big box. If I would have come to the door, there would have been some words about why he had waited 3 days to bring it over. I know he didn't just notice it, because I checked out his front porch and side door and there was no box sitting there. I suspect maybe Fed-Ex may have contacted him. My husband just took the box and thanked him. 🤦‍♀️. Anyway, it was packed really well and seems OK.View attachment 349566View attachment 349567

Flowers beautiful makes worth the wait?

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Possibly a "cool" temperature window place for it?

Top Bottom