Tree Seed Online

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
i found this British place called Tree Seed Online, ltd

Has anyone ever shopped here ? Are they reputable? Their seeds are really cheap, and I'm just wondering if it's because it's the U.K. or if it's junk seed or what. I have found Sheffield's but they're pretty expensive too and it's complicated gauging how much seed they send.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
i found this British place called Tree Seed Online, ltd

Has anyone ever shopped here ? Are they reputable? Their seeds are really cheap, and I'm just wondering if it's because it's the U.K. or if it's junk seed or what. I have found Sheffield's but they're pretty expensive too and it's complicated gauging how much seed they send.
I have used Sheffield, excellent results, prompt service, multiple times over a decade! My only other sources are individuals that are not online and vendors at international shows. Schumacher is another name that is often recommended. ( i have not used them personally)
Never used the one you mentioned in the UK.

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Y'all are killing me lol. Yes I know Sheffields. But have any of you ever shopped at the other place? Because they are far cheaper than sheffields.

atlarsenal

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Maybe if the three of us that replied in the thread would not have said anything, you would have your answer.

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Maybe if the three of us that replied in the thread would not have said anything, you would have your answer.
It appears I would have the same answer had I not even asked the question....

So I should go with Sheffield's and not order from, nor consider anywhere else.

All I asked was "is this place reliable." I haven't been disrespectful to anyone that replied, so I don't think it's warranted in return. I have heard plenty about Sheffield's and was consequently not worried about Sheffield's reliability. Sheffield's doesn't have any black pine seed right now and the other place does.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Fw schumacker is reliable and seem to be responsible in experimenting with practicle means of stratification including explanations of hot water scarification.They supply Forestry services too.Just bought a bunch.Great price too!
2000 seeds per ounce at $8.

Attachments

• 036CD78A-0654-4C41-963C-3B41F91707B2.jpeg
    036CD78A-0654-4C41-963C-3B41F91707B2.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 22
  • 94313653-1E65-4B31-A258-08A98053BB96.jpeg
    94313653-1E65-4B31-A258-08A98053BB96.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 17A9FF54-A685-47A9-AEE9-27CFEB2618C1.jpeg
    17A9FF54-A685-47A9-AEE9-27CFEB2618C1.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Fw schumacker is reliable and seem to be responsible in experimenting with practicle means of stratification including explanations of hot water scarification.They supply Forestry services too.Just bought a bunch.
I will look into them. Thanks.

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Yea $8. An ounce. 2000 seeds @kingsville grower uses them for his seedling cutting too!
Yeah, that's kind of a lot lol. That's part of why I was interested in that British place because I could order like 2 grams which would be like 100 seeds for $2. And shipping was only $5. I ordered from an online place before and it was a black hole. Took my money and no correspondence and no seeds. That's why I was curious it anyone knew this place. Not just price, cause the Schumacher place seems like a really good value, but also the fact that I really don't need so darn many seeds! Lol. I may probably end up going with the Schumacher place, so thanks.

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It appears I would have the same answer had I not even asked the question....

So I should go with Sheffield's and not order from, nor consider anywhere else.

All I asked was "is this place reliable." I haven't been disrespectful to anyone that replied, so I don't think it's warranted in return. I have heard plenty about Sheffield's and was consequently not worried about Sheffield's reliability. Sheffield's doesn't have any black pine seed right now and the other place does.
I thought I gave you two options and clearly indicated that i had not used the source you were asking about. It appears i should not have responded unless i had specific experience with the UK supplier! At no point did anyone indicate that you should not consider other options as you implied!
If you intend no disrespect then be careful how you word things. I will not bother to provide any additional information for your specific inquiries in the future. I believe this is in keeping with your expressed desire.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
but also the fact that I really don't need so darn many seeds
My advise is plant extremely more than you need and see what the genetic roll of the dice will produce....you never know.Plus only have one annual shot at it generally.
I had one that looks completely different than the rest with thicker stem and leaves....Super Pine!
7C638C59-CFE9-46FC-B079-DAF4E9169A6E.jpeg

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I thought I gave you two options and clearly indicated that i had not used the source you were asking about. It appears i should not have responded unless i had specific experience with the UK supplier! At no point did anyone indicate that you should not consider other options as you implied!
If you intend no disrespect then be careful how you word things. I will not bother to provide any additional information for your specific inquiries in the future. I believe this is in keeping with your expressed desire.
My curt reply was more or less in answering the rude question put forth above that I quoted. My apologies @River's Edge if it came across as pointing in all directions. I appreciated you throwing out an option, I had never heard of Schumacher before. Again, my apologies.

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Do you remember where it was that this happened? To maybe help it from happening to someone else next.
The place was literally called TreeSeeds.com I ended up filing a dispute with the card I used so I got my money back but still no response from the site, months later.

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I buy most of my seeds at treeseedonline. Great service and good germination. They have my vote ;)

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I buy most of my seeds at treeseedonline. Great service and good germination. They have my vote ;)
The wink makes me suspicious
🤔. But you live in Europe, so I am not sure.

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The wink makes me suspicious
🤔. But you live in Europe, so I am not sure.
Ok, nevermind the wink then. They really have a great service. Postage is cheap but that could be because I live in Europe ofcourse.

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Ok, nevermind the wink then. They really have a great service. Postage is cheap but that could be because I live in Europe ofcourse.
Oh so you have in fact used them? They quoted me at $5 shipping which is cheaper than even domestic places here in the US. I can't understand how they can charge $8 shipping when a 1 oz package with envelope is like $3 to ship.

My main concern was that I had never heard of them before. And their sort of bare bones website reminded me of one I recently had a bad experience with so I just wanted some second hand experience to gauge it.

Top Bottom