Tree Trade

Nigel Black

Yamadori
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I'm looking to acquire a few rooted cuttings of smaller cork bark elms, Japanese White Pine, Jack Pine
(Pinus banksiana) seedlings. I have tons of material to trade. The list is long, but to name a few I have:

Ulmus parviflora
Acer palmatum (seedlings)
Buxus ('Morris Midget' and 'Green Beauty' 'Kingsville'- still small)
Camellia sasanqua 'Yuletide' (the leaves reduce nicely)
Acer beurgerianum (Trident Maple)
Ginko biloba
Juniperus chinensis 'Shimpaku'
J. procumbens 'Nana'
Cotoneaster microphylla 'thymifolius'
Cotoneaster 'strieb's findling'
Pinus strobus (Eastern white pine)

And on and on.

If you're after something I haven't listed, ask i may have it.

Contact me off-list if you are interested.

Thanks,

Nigel

Last edited:

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Nigel,
I have quite a few cork bark elm cuttings that have been in the pot close to a year. So if that peaks your interest let me know.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have Pinus banksiana seedlings about three years old, and larches about the same age. Let me take a closer count...

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ginkos are always nice, as are malus. Acer palmatum.

I also have more mulberry seedlings than I can keep track of....

Will

Last edited:

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Nigel,
In lieu of email

The parent tree and cuttings

Attachments

• jsw_p1060054-elm.jpg
    jsw_p1060054-elm.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 92
  • jsw_p1060053-elm_cutting.jpg
    jsw_p1060053-elm_cutting.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 84

Nigel Black

Yamadori
Reaction score
Tom,

Yes, those will be fine. I'm not worried, elms are tough little buggers. And incase you didn't see the PM I sent you, your Junipers are on the way as of this afternoon (5\25) you should receive them in two to three days.

I'll give the Elms a foliar feed once they arrive and I'm sure they'll brighten right up.

Nigel

Nigel Black

Yamadori
Reaction score
I know Greg probably wouldn't want to try to keep up with who the good traders or bad traders are so I figure I can at least do this:

I have just concluded a very positive trade with Tom\Tachigi (I just call him Tomchigi..) we exchanged four 'Shimpaku' Juniper for four cork bark Elm. He sent me four very good sized elms, they are in great shape and were well packaged. And he sent them promptly.

If you're ever considering a trade with Tom, rest assured you can be confident he'll treat you right.

Nigel

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I know Greg probably wouldn't want to try to keep up with who the good traders or bad traders are

Nonsense, that is why these boards are here. I hope good people are rewarded with good reputations, and I hope less-than-good people will avoid trying to trade or sell items because their reputations would catch up with them. Glad to hear all worked out!

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
we exchanged four 'Shimpaku' Juniper

Good idea Nigel.

Nigel's shimps were outstanding and he as well got the material here promptly. I'm now pondering what else we can swap. :)

Top Bottom