Tree vendors

remist17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I have dealt with three tree vendors over the past five years and have been happy with the smaller trees. Im now looking for some larger trunk trees but do not have alot of money to put out. Is there any vendors that can be recommended to get larger trunk trees that will not break my wallet? I mean larger less than 2" (edit)
Im also looking for maple sappling trees. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

fourteener

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have dealt with three tree vendors over the past five years and have been happy with the smaller trees. Im now looking for some larger trunk trees but do not have alot of money to put out. Is there any vendors that can be recommended to get larger trunk trees that will not break my wallet?
Im also looking for maple sappling trees. Any recommendations?

Big trunk, big money...it kinda goes hand in hand.

bonsairxmd

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
You might look at Hollow Creek Bonsai. It depends what your definition of alot of money is. I've found bigger trunk trident maples to be one of the cheapest species to get a larger tree. There is an ebay seller mbn1978 I think on Ebay as well.

bonsairxmd

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Also Don at Gregory Beach Bonsai and on eBay (fellow BNut member too) has great prices for great material.

remist17

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I guess i was a little vague in the original posting. I am looking for trunks under 2" so not to large.

Is there any place that offers saplings at reasonable price

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Check this place online and call about specific sizes. They are real nice, not pricey, and have always done me well especially on fruit trees - http://www.tytyga.com/

Another potential source for smaller stock that is often overlooked is Arbor Day. For a 10 dollar membership the prices of all they sell goes down a LOT and you get ten free saplings - http://shop.arborday.org/content.aspx?page=memberships

Grimmy

lordy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I presume you've been to Meehan's. They grow a decent amount in the ground. Talk with Martha and tell her what you can spend, and what you are hoping to find. If she can, she will help you. It may cost you a bit in gas, but you wont spend any on shipping.

info@meehansminiatures.com

AlexHorton

Seedling
Reaction score
MrMaple

I get my trees from www.MrMaple.com . They are small to medium in caliper in 1 gallons but their grafts are done so well that they are barely noticeable or not noticeable at all when the bonsai matures. I am serious. I have never seen a graft so clean. P.S. check out the cultivar 'Saiho' on their website. It really is the best tree I have worked with to make a bonsai.

AlexHorton

Seedling
Reaction score
The MrMaple tree I mentioned a few minutes ago

Here is the video from their website on the 'Saiho' tree I mentioned in my last post. You will see what I am talking about when I say the tree makes a good bonsai.
http://youtu.be/mNsRyEtPQkI

Top Bottom