Tree's arriving from Portland OR Today!

fore

Omono
Reaction score
I'm expecting Ryan Neil's truck to be pulling up any minute with the trees I bought from him and Randy earlier this spring. Damn excited. I'll post some pics later.

I also set up my photo rig, black background and everything yesterday so I'll be updating my threads this weekend. Man, the " " makes a ton of difference.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Ohhhh the anticipation.....
Exciting!

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Congrats! Can't wait to see them too. Must have cost you a pretty penny (or two). ;)

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Way cool! :cool:

Grimmy

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
hope all arrives in great shape. I have a chojubai coming USPS from michigan today. Yesterday I sent a chojubai to California. The shipping part is always scarey.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Price not bad which Ryan told me this yr is equal to boxed shipping. Hopefully next will be cheaper.

I bought two "practice" RMJ trees, a much nicer one (similar to, but better than another I have), and a very nice lg ponderosa w really short needles, the shortest I've ever seen at Randy's. All arrived safely Dick, good luck w yours. I lost a new clump I just made, and a single trunk chojubai due to putting out too early. Apparently, newly rooted chojubai is a bit sensitive to cold temps... Low 40s. Live and learn moment, but so avoidable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 205
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 180

fore

Omono
Reaction score
And here r the two nicer ones

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 180

fore

Omono
Reaction score
All the junipers are getting fertilized today and insecticide for a touch of scale. Pine just got sprayed w copper for some needle cast. Ryan did a great job and recommend this wholeheartedly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Last 2 definitely look great! First 2 are no slouch either. ;)

Congrats!

fore

Omono
Reaction score
I like them a lot. The two practice trees first and foremost a good yr of ferts. Prob the same for the other juniper, ill see later. I'm doing very well w my yamadori's horticulture finally.
I'll prob sell my other RMJ later this summer.

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks for well wishes on my Michigan shipment. nothing yet. This morning i went and dug 5 whitebark pines from a friend's nursery. he gathered the seeds from Crater lake and has been raising them. Over 23 years old and quite tiny. Takes about 2 years to get them stablie. they[re about 15 inches tall and bigger ones have trunk diameters of about thumb size....:)

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Very nice. Grats and good luck with them!

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks for well wishes on my Michigan shipment. nothing yet. This morning i went and dug 5 whitebark pines from a friend's nursery. he gathered the seeds from Crater lake and has been raising them. Over 23 years old and quite tiny. Takes about 2 years to get them stablie. they[re about 15 inches tall and bigger ones have trunk diameters of about thumb size....:)

Pics? ;) I'm not too familiar with this species.

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
Thankfully it arrived in excellent shape. In fact I have purchased this dwarf quince from as far away to me as new York and as close as california. I always have problems with shipping. Rough handling that has cause more to expire than survive. I must Say Don Blackmond in michigan packaged this shipment the best I've ever seen. I'll give it a few days to recover and post a pic. Size is mame but Don's been working it for 8 years. :)

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Air layered this rmj for a cool shohin. That thick 90 I didn't see in any composition, and plenty of branching above to work with...hence my decision.

Attachments

• IMG_1706.jpg
    IMG_1706.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Good luck! This is exciting. :cool:

Can't visualize what part is being airlayered...can you mark the first pic where you are rooting it? Thank you. :)

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Yeah, I need a better pic without background. Do you see the twisted copper wire in the middle in pic 3, that's where it is. All in all, a pretty tight fit.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Here's the first pot up. Plan the PP today?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    358.3 KB · Views: 57
Top Bottom