Trees - Good homes needed!

raydomz

Shohin
Reaction score
NEW TREES ADDED ON NEXT PAGES 9/14/13

Well bNuts the time has come.

We are not too far away from having to think of purchasing a new home and starting this next phase of life post-school so a hiatus from bonsai is in order.

I have got a good amount of trees that will need new homes and before I put them on the bay, I wanted to offer them up here. I know they will go to good homes and hey, I can even check up on them :D
I will be posting new trees throughout the coming week so please check back.

Please PM me for prices/shipping questions.
All trees will be priced reasonably so everyone has the opportunity to grow their collections.

First up:
Southern Hackberry SOLD
This tree has been with me for the past 3 years and in that time I have established the main branches as well as the secondary branches. Further branch development is in order along with root work. This was a collected tree so some of the 'wild' is still in the root system. Overall a very lovely tree, very elegant and full of character.
The tree is roughly 24" tall and the pot is a plastic trainer.
untitled-.JPG

Next up:
Neea
One of my first and favorite varieties of trees. This is a very quick grower that is in need of a repot :D
The tree does produce very tiny flowers and red fruits if you let it grow throughout the summer. There aren't many small neea's with this much character.
The tree is roughly 15" tall and the pot is Chinese.
untitled-neea.JPG

Added 9.12.13
Japanese Maple SOLD
This tree has been with me for a few years now as well. The past couple of years have been about letting the tree grow out and cutting it back late in the summer each year.
I think this sort of method has been referred to as the hedge method or something similar, all I know is I just wanted to build out the canopy :D
Maples are one of my favorites and this tree is one of my favorites for its classic shape. There is still a lot of work to be done. The tree has been wired every fall to keep things tidy but this year I'll leave that up to the future owner.
The tree is 23" tall from the soil and the trunk is 5" across at the base. This tree has a very powerful trunk that is full of movement but unfortunately I was unable to capture that with leaves on the tree. I will be in the yard tomorrow to try and get a better photo.
untitled-7.JPG

untitled-3.JPG

The pot is a VERY nice Randy Doughty (Bent Pine Pottery) 16"x12"x3.5 and will be included with the tree.

Please check back as more will be posted.
Thank you!

Last edited:

raydomz

Shohin
Reaction score
That hackberry is really nice, must be hard to let such nice trees go.

You know, when the idea initially came up I was pretty hesitant about it.
You spend a good amount of your daily life (just in watering alone) caring for them that an attachment really forms. But with any good art, the beauty is in sharing it and allowing others the opportunity to contribute. For me, also being a painter and graphic designer, one of my favorite things about bonsai is that they sometimes become traveling canvases, collaborative projects that take years to form and seemingly have no end.

I will again pick it back up, but for now other things must come first.

Ris

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Hi,
A list of what you would have for sale would be great, then we can pm for prices and pics what do you think?
Hey you got to do what is best and most important...

Best regards and happy shopping.

Reaction score
I'm wondering how hardy these trees are and how you have been overwintering them...Is the Neea semi tropical? And the SOUTHERN in front of Hackberry gives me pause....

Jim

raydomz

Shohin
Reaction score
I'm wondering how hardy these trees are and how you have been overwintering them...Is the Neea semi tropical? And the SOUTHERN in front of Hackberry gives me pause....

Jim

The Neea is purely tropical. I do not expose this tree to any freezing and it is usually indoors once things get in to the 40's at night. This tree has been in MI for roughly 15 years so it is adjusted to our early autumn weather but I've never let it stay out past that.

The Hackberry is indeed southern. But I treat this tree as a subtropical, allowing it to drop leaves and enter dormancy for a couple of months before bringing it inside to begin "spring" again. It has been in Michigan for 3 years and experienced light freezing for the past 2 years, any zone colder in mine I can not say how it would do.

terry

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well bNuts the time has come.

We are not too far away from having to think of purchasing a new home and starting this next phase of life post-school so a hiatus from bonsai is in order.

I have got a good amount of trees that will need new homes and before I put them on the bay, I wanted to offer them up here. I know they will go to good homes and hey, I can even check up on them :D
I will be posting new trees throughout the coming week so please check back.

Please PM me for prices/shipping questions.
All trees will be priced reasonably so everyone has the opportunity to grow their collections.

First up:
Southern Hackberry
This tree has been with me for the past 3 years and in that time I have established the main branches as well as the secondary branches. Further branch development is in order along with root work. This was a collected tree so some of the 'wild' is still in the root system. Overall a very lovely tree, very elegant and full of character.
The tree is roughly 24" tall and the pot is a plastic trainer.
untitled-.JPG

Next up:
Neea
One of my first and favorite varieties of trees. This is a very quick grower that is in need of a repot :D
The tree does produce very tiny flowers and red fruits if you let it grow throughout the summer. There aren't many small neea's with this much character.
The tree is roughly 15" tall and the pot is Chinese.
untitled-neea.JPG

Added 9.12.13
Japanese Maple
This tree has been with me for a few years now as well. The past couple of years have been about letting the tree grow out and cutting it back late in the summer each year.
I think this sort of method has been referred to as the hedge method or something similar, all I know is I just wanted to build out the canopy :D
Maples are one of my favorites and this tree is one of my favorites for its classic shape. There is still a lot of work to be done. The tree has been wired every fall to keep things tidy but this year I'll leave that up to the future owner.
The tree is 23" tall from the soil and the trunk is 5" across at the base. This tree has a very powerful trunk that is full of movement but unfortunately I was unable to capture that with leaves on the tree. I will be in the yard tomorrow to try and get a better photo.
untitled-7.JPG

untitled-3.JPG

The pot is a VERY nice Randy Doughty (Bent Pine Pottery) 16"x12"x3.5 and will be included with the tree.

Please check back as more will be posted.
Thank you!

PM sent.

Terry

raydomz

Shohin
Reaction score
All PM's have been replied to.
More trees coming tonight, keep your eyes peeled!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Pretty fun to see what you've been up to! The maple does show a nice figure.

raydomz

Shohin
Reaction score
Added 9/14, *All pics have a quarter for size ref*
Shohin sized Chinese Sweet Plum
Awesome little sweet plum with a ton of nice deadwood to work with. The whole right side of it (first picture) is ripe for the carving!
Price - Make me an offer!
new%20trees-91413-7.JPG

new%20trees-91413-7.JPG

new%20trees-91413-9.JPG

Chinese Elm
Bought this as a "mallsai-to-bonsai" experiment. Started the progression, now you can finish it!
Comes in a great Iker pot.
new%20trees-91413-4.JPG

new%20trees-91413-5.JPG

new%20trees-91413-6.JPG

Shohin Narrow Leaf Ficus
I purchased this tree last year and began building the branch structure. Still needs a lot of work but will be a great little tree!
The pot is a Japanese pot I believe but nothing special.
new%20trees-91413-10.JPG

new%20trees-91413-11.JPG

new%20trees-91413-12.JPG

new%20trees-91413-13.JPG

raydomz

Shohin
Reaction score
UmeSOLD!
A rather ugly piece of stock, great carving project, could be something nice with the right touch.
I believe this is a pink variety but I have to contact the seller to ask him, it may be white.
new%20trees-91413-17.JPG

new%20trees-91413-16.JPG

new%20trees-91413-15.JPG

new%20trees-91413-14.JPG

Amur Maple (stump) SOLD
This is an excellent carving(spooky little tree) project. This year was spent getting it out of the poorly draining soil it was in and in to something more suitable (I bought it from a shop that it was given to.) The tree grows like a weed, it was cut back 3times this year.
Comes in a nice Japanese container.
new%20trees-91413-24.JPG

new%20trees-91413-25.JPG

new%20trees-91413-26.JPG

Burning BushJust starting to turn red, beautiful!
Should be turning rather soon to its bright red fall colors. All I can say about it really is that the rabbits love to prune this for me for some reason.
Comes is a VERY nice black vinyl composite pot. *no chop, sorry*
new%20trees-91413-27.JPG

new%20trees-91413-28.JPG

new%20trees-91413-29.JPG

Last edited:

raydomz

Shohin
Reaction score
Coral Bark Maple
This is a very nice, simple coral bark. The immature bark turns very bright pink once the cold weather begins and only gets brighter and winter progresses. Lime green fall foliage is an excellent contrast. Excellent Nebari on this one.
Comes in a Japanese pot.
new%20trees-91413-30.JPG

new%20trees-91413-31.JPG

new%20trees-91413-32.JPG

new%20trees-91413-33.JPG

Boxwood
This is a nice boxwood with a very interesting, almost a-kin to exposed root, base.
I had only begun the initial styling, much more work to be done.
Comes in a so-so Chinese pot :D
new%20trees-91413-34.JPG

new%20trees-91413-35.JPG

new%20trees-91413-36.JPG

new%20trees-91413-37.JPG

Please don't be bashful, all offers will be considered.

Top Bottom