Trees to Sell: Nejikan Pomegranates Anyone?

AppleBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hey Nutters,

I am moving and have too many trees to move them all(along with the family)...I have spent the last several years propagating one of my favorite trees for bonsai: Nejikan pomegranates- and many other varieties... I probably have at least a dozen in 3.5- 4" squares with good sized trunks and a couple 1 gal size that look pretty good- they don't really twist up good until the are around 7 years old (I will post pics of the mother tree too) and most of the 4" squares are around 3-5 years old. I will post pics in a day or so. I do have a lot of experience shipping them- but only would ship to Continental US...But before I posted on eBay, I thought I would offer them to my fellow Nutters- folks that would be less likely kill them in the first week! Will need to determine price and shipping would be from Sacramento, CA

Pics & prices to follow soon..! If you are interested, let me know!

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
So after research, I concluded that 'Nejikan' simply means 'twisted trunk'- correct? So they are poms that twist with age/maturity and have the standarf red-ish orange bloom color?

AppleBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So after research, I concluded that 'Nejikan' simply means 'twisted trunk'- correct? So they are poms that twist with age/maturity and have the standarf red-ish orange bloom color?
Yep, exactly Joe! And they have different looking bark than most "regular" dwarf poms. The bark looks striped. They twist up in the trunk as the grow with age. Without a doubt my fav cultivar! Fall color is amazing bright yellow too...Didn't let these guys grow out to flower or fruit this year, but they have the typical red/orange flower and mini fruits about 1.5". I have trimmed them back already a few times this season (here in CA) because temps get above 85 degrees often and they grow like crazy then. They get pretty wicked thorns if you let a water spout grow out as a sacrifice branch...Also...I lied...I have about 30 of them in 3.5-5" grow containers...ALL are cutting grown or root cuttings from my two mama trees! Pics of the mama tree's trunk and the cuttings below!

Attachments

• IMG_3768.JPG
    IMG_3768.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_3767.JPG
    IMG_3767.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3766.JPG
    IMG_3766.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_3753.JPG
    IMG_3753.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_3752.JPG
    IMG_3752.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3777.JPG
    IMG_3777.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 185

AppleBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
more pics...

Attachments

• IMG_3774.JPG
    IMG_3774.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3776.JPG
    IMG_3776.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 179

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
How much? For the first one or one of the cuttings... I liked img 3777... Not really LOOKING to buy more trees, but if the price is right I always want to add stuff I don't have and I love Poms! :)

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I'm in the same boat, don't need more trees lol but how much for the one in image 3753?

Aaron

AppleBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I'm in the same boat, don't need more trees lol but how much for the one in image 3753?

Aaron
Hey Aaron. $15 plus shipping...I could do two trees for $25.... I will get more pics, but give your first refusal on Img 3753 good eye, that is the oldest cutting I have in that size. Thank you for your interest!

AppleBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
How much? For the first one or one of the cuttings... I liked img 3777... Not really LOOKING to buy more trees, but if the price is right I always want to add stuff I don't have and I love Poms! :)
Hey Eric, would go $12 for Img 3777 plus shipping. Thank you for your interest!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I see you have more than you took individual pictures of. I would be interested in one in the same price range you've quoted above. Thanks

Top Bottom