trees youre looking to buy for this season, budgeting

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
im not going to need to buy so many trees this year (famous last words) because i did that last year and my first repots this year, i also put 6 pitch pines in the ground that made it thru winter in container yamadori, a beech, and yaopon holly, and white oak...i will keep my eye out for a few trees in particular to get in the process. i would like a birds nest spruce, blue spruce or blue cedar of some sort, mugo, and a big rose of sharon or hibiscus (because the ones i bought last year for a decent chunk of change -tropical hibiscus- stayed pencil thin)

i plan on calling it a day there, as i will have about 12-20 bonsai at that point, need to put the brakes on and keep it to around $200 this year

anyone on the hunt for anything in particular? a bloodgood maple would be on my radar as well

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Bonsai budget??? Do those two word even go together?
You are absolutely correct, I am relatively new to bonsai and in the first 6 months ..$300 tree was expensive to me, 1.5 years later I have bought trees thats a few thousands...It is very addicting and there's no end in sight...:oops::oops::oops:. Its like a crack addiction....but legal lol.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I'm not particularly planning on any this year(famous last words) but I'll let them come to me.
If any local bonsai producer turns out an Aussie native I'll likely jump if I can afford it at it as they are rare as hens teeth in Europe.
In saying that I just received a new bank card that is not a debit one and should, in theory be able to order from the shops I previously couldn't. One of them has a cracking little Silver Birch starter and a nice little Liquidamber so I practically have to order them or a may never know my card works, right?

Could be swayed by something that catches my eye but don't want anything in particular.

I actually need pots for a couple of trees so that makes a change in buying pots for the shelf.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Not buying any more trees untill I have sold off some 10 more.
I might be interested in what you have to offer.

No more nursery buys for me this year, I got all the cultivars I want, and three more. Too bad my prunus spinosa are delayed by a whopping 40(!!!) weeks. But there are worse things in the world, like running out of room.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Too bad my prunus spinosa are delayed by a whopping 40(!!!) weeks
Just gave a prunus spinoza collected away as thank you for transporting a trident from Delft to me. Only have one left :(

To be honest.. I am not sure what I want to sell! I need professional help sorting junk from hopeless junk!

Top Bottom