Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ahhh nice! Yes, this guy is retired doing the same thing. Let me know when you plan on retiring...would like dibs on a Neagari. ? Yeah...I said it. ☺️
My friend at the Bonsai nursery is really failing health wise lately. He can no longer shovel with his feet and he has quite a few trees in the ground that need to be removed and potted. He told me if I wish to help him by removing them...haha...I can take all the root cuttings I wish. One is a very large Texas winged elm with cork bark 3/4 inch deep. The other is an Arakawa elm in a 40 gallon can with deep fissured bark and I told him it needs repotting. He said "help your self and take all the cuttings with you. I don't want them schlocking up the nursery!!!" He does want a couple neagari when I get them trained up. I figure I can pot up about two hundred of them this weekend. I should have them on the net for sale in four years. Elms grow year round here.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
My friend at the Bonsai nursery is really failing health wise lately. He can no longer shovel with his feet and he has quite a few trees in the ground that need to be removed and potted. He told me if I wish to help him by removing them...haha...I can take all the root cuttings I wish. One is a very large Texas winged elm with cork bark 3/4 inch deep. The other is an Arakawa elm in a 40 gallon can with deep fissured bark and I told him it needs repotting. He said "help your self and take all the cuttings with you. I don't want them schlocking up the nursery!!!" He does want a couple neagari when I get them trained up. I figure I can pot up about two hundred of them this weekend. I should have them on the net for sale in four years. Elms grow year round here.
I'm expecting a tag...when they go up for auction! It's my greatest weakness as you know.

It's a shame though...he's gotten to a point things are above his ability . That was the hardest on my dad. He felt he could...but his body wouldn't let him. So the part about your friend...brings me to tears.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
He's been fighting congestive heart failure for about ten years. It's a miracle he's alive at all. He attributes his life to red reishi mushroom therapy. I have known him a long time, we are like brothers.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
He's been fighting congestive heart failure for about ten years. It's a miracle he's alive at all. He attributes his life to red reishi mushroom therapy. I have known him a long time, we are like brothers.
My dad fought it for twenty years. I pray he finds strength in other things he can do. Glad the mushroom therapy helps him. That's great.

Top Bottom