Trident Maple over rock Tips?

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
sometimes bonsai is just a matter of observation.
Buy that book I told you, you can always cut this tree later during the season. Do not cut anything now.

Most of the people here have many many years of experience, sometimes truth is ugly and this site isn't known for sugar coating it.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Jarod.
F if I ain't on your side!

Your posts have the right amount of dumpsters, excitement, and funky ass trees for my liking!

Let's not forget.....you are in California.
53 degrees right now. 6mph wind.
90% humidity.

So go ahead and have a vision for that tree!
I think Lodi is Latin for,
"Supreme Trident Growing Land".

I'm sure someone would gladly accept a phone call, pics texts.
Just ask! Someone will say, PM me.
Or PM you!

Haste may make waste, but we can always fetch that shit out again so F it!
Have fun!

https://peterteabonsai.wordpress.com/2011/09/11/the-trident-maple-hustle/

Tridents do have different size leaves.
Maybe yours is the best quality?

They root easy, grow crazy, make nice specimens......and you have one!

Sorce

P.s. and there's waaaaaaayyyyyy worse ones!;)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Do you talk like this in real life ...I hope not this "ones "thing is getting annoying lol prophet?monk? Lol
It's actually common language in my neck of the woods. Location,location,location I reckon. You can always block me! ;)

Had to laugh...maybe it is LOCATION! When we went to Red River Gorge...the waitress couldn't understand our accent. I had to write our own order for her to take back to place in the kitchen. Must be a Kentucky thing.

Edit: Ones from Kentucky must have issues with us Ohioans...oops...sorry...did I just use "ones" again...yup...you are going to need to block me!

Last edited:

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Ah ..where did you eat lol..Wasn't Miguels pizza ...80% of people in the gorge are from either ohio, canada, or Europe ...I rock climb there every weekend ...what part of Ohio that's one accent I haven't heard

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Ah ..where did you eat lol..Wasn't Miguels pizza ...80% of people in the gorge are from either ohio, canada, or Europe ...I rock climb there every weekend ...what part of Ohio that's one accent I haven't heard
Honestly...I can't recall, it may have been a pizza place. It's been awhile ago. Back when that hiker was mauled by the bear. We had actually planned on doing that trail. But it had started to rain...so we decided to grab lunch out instead of what we packed...(cool place that had bills stuck to the ceiling "they understood us though when placing our order".) That is when all the crazy sirens went past. We still ended up eating and heading to the trial. Which they allowed us to turn on the road. But it was blocked up ahead by TV reporters...an ambulance and rescue vehicles. That's when we learned the guy went with dog in tow,toward the bear...to get photos. (Dumb move on his part) They ended up shutting the entire area down for a bear hunt...recall that? We were leaving the next day...so it didn't effect our vacation. But I felt bad for any coming in...no hiking trails for them. Lovely area...

Oh, we're from NE Ohio...shoot even our children's education system...use the word ones frequently. I used to be on the yearbook committee for the elementary...also did PTO, and volunteered with ones needing help with reading. It's used quite frequently in my parts...I do pause when ones comment of my using it. You are either the second or third to do so since my joining the forum. So...it must be a location thing. The teachers use it more. Possibly to not name names of ones who were doing something they shouldn't be doing. Did you hear of the ones who _______? It allows for no names to be mentioned...yet discuss something that possibly happened that went against the rules of the school.

Edit: We still chuckle today that we were in Kentucky and the waitress couldn't understand our accent. Kentucky isn't that far from Ohio...

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Probably was Miguels because it's the only place to eat in the gorge unless you like gas station dogs. I don't recall the bear attack so many people die there every year, and it's because they do somethung really stupid and are not familiar with the area . Anywho was just curious and chuckled as I read accross that one just seemed excessive. No hard feelings Near toledo? I frequent toledo and detroit often as well as defiance ohio.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Probably was Miguels because it's the only place to eat in the gorge unless you like gas station dogs. I don't recall the bear attack so many people die there every year, and it's because they do somethung really stupid and are not familiar with the area . Anywho was just curious and chuckled as I read accross that one just seemed excessive. No hard feelings Near toledo? I frequent toledo and detroit often as well as defiance ohio.
Very well may have been Miquels...do they have issues with understanding English? Lol

Looked it up...it was in 2010. This article mentions he took pictures. As you read other interviews...he leaves that out. But from the info we got at the scene where the emergency vehicles were...he took his dog and went in closer for photos. Warning us if you see a bear...what to do. Number one is not go towards the bear.
http://www.examiner.com/article/red-river-gorge-closed-following-bear-attack

Toledo is around 3 hours from us. So...hop skip and leap from us. Lol Ever been to Hocking Hills area of Ohio? Lovely hiking trails there...along with waterfalls and caves.

We also are youth leaders...would you prefer me to start using the filler word "like" as often as I hear it? Lol just teasing...like that would...like drive one...like quite mad. :p

Honestly...I speak that way,not using the word like... But rather using the word ones. I hear it used often. I'm not sure I could take it from my sentences. It's just a very common word used around me to even pause when I use it. But...again...your the second or third one who has mentioned it.

Last edited:

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Interesting , mother nature has no mercy. Don't walk around in the gorge at night if you are not familiar with the area . That is the reason for most injuries or deaths. My friend was part of a mountain rescue squad there and he told horror stories. What did you think of the gorge ?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Interesting , mother nature has no mercy. Don't walk around in the gorge at night if you are not familiar with the area . That is the reason for most injuries or deaths. My friend was part of a mountain rescue squad there and he told horror stories. What did you think of the gorge ?

It was one of my favorite hiking areas. Aside from Hocking Hills,Ohio. We've hiked many trails in many states...but Red River Gorge was amazing...our entire hiking in and around the area...the rock sculptures and bridges...the coloring of the rock...just blew us away.

One must respect nature...the trails that have memorial plaques of ones who lost their lives at the start of the trail,serve a good reminder to many...hopefully deterring ones who foolishly go off trail and wish to get up closer with cliffs edges and such. To stay on the given trail. No, I can't imagine going hiking at night...everything I wish to see...is cloaked in darkness. I would never do that.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Do you talk like this in real life ...I hope not this "ones "thing is getting annoying lol prophet?monk? Lol
Sorry...I didn't even read your quote of mine. But,but was like what gives...then just read my quoted words...and laughed out loud...I was meaning to be obtuse. (But I do use the word...typically not as often as in that particular thread post.) Glad it hit the target...sorry for my gruff nature earlier... :oops:

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Ah no worries I was just joking I chuckled when I read it. Im glad you enjoyed the gorge it is a magical place. I go there often and still see new things every time I go. I don't feel bad for crashing this thread lol

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Wow. I enjoyed reading it as much as that thread from last year where a guy requested that the Japanese maple leaf icon be changed.
This goes down as one of my favorite newbie threads.

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
From what I recall, he thought it looked like a marijuana leaf. While at work, he didn't want his boss or coworkers to think poorly of him as he browsed Bonsainut. :) You don't "judge" such things anyways in the Netherlands, right? ;)

armetisius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
From what I recall, he thought it looked like a marijuana leaf. While at work, he didn't want his boss or coworkers to think poorly of him as he browsed Bonsainut. :) You don't "judge" such things anyways in the Netherlands, right? ;)

I would not think poorly of him for being on a site that had
a marijuana leaf logo. I would have a problem with him being
on a site unrelated to his job/business during work hours no
matter the logo of the site. But perhaps that is just me and my
feelings about what is appropriate behavior in the workplace.

Reaction score

Oooh, now I understand.
In the Dutch language there is not even a word for this 'judging'!
Jk, it is 'beoordelen'. Nah, most peeps here don't judge pot stuff ;)

Top Bottom