Trident maple seeds EU

BonsaiEire

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi
I'm looking for trident maple seeds in the EU I'm based in Ireland. Have tried a supplier in France but they aren't available. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

BonsaiEire

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Alain saw that Maillot had them but €35 shipping to Ireland apparently just for seeds. Will try the other site thanks again.

BonsaiEire

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi lutonian
That was my go to seed Place until Brexit now they are UK only. Thanks anyway

bluone23

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I bought a few packs of seeds from ebay, the seller name is ilverdedellanatura from Italy
There are some other sellers from Spain that have good prices.

Mine arrived in Romania, in almost 1 month.
Good luck

BonsaiEire

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks bluone23 he has a good selection will try them out

Vali

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I bought a few packs of seeds from ebay, the seller name is ilverdedellanatura from Italy
There are some other sellers from Spain that have good prices.

Mine arrived in Romania, in almost 1 month.
Good luck
Did you soak them or did something to separate the viable ones from the others? Just wondering about the chances of getting something out of them.

bluone23

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Did you soak them or did something to separate the viable ones from the others? Just wondering about the chances of getting something out of them.
Last year I tried the whole soaking and plastic bag inside the fridge and only 2 out of ~30 sprouted. Had some mold issues.

this year I went full nature on them.
I had some old bonsai soil mixed it with some garden soil placed the seeds in a pot and left them out. Will see if in spring I get better results

bluone23

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
You should. With normal winters, germination outside I get a decent amunt of germination. (But considering I do not actually count seeds or seedlings, not sure whether that is 90% or 99%!
This winter is currently quite normal for this region. We had -15C at night for two consecutive nights.
Last winter was much warmer, literally you could go outside in a T-Shirt.

bluone23

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I am reviving this thread, any new reliable sellers of seed in EU ? (that I don`t pay 35€ shipment, for some seeds, to Romania ):D

bluone23

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
bought a pack, they were shipped exactly one month ago but did not arive. most likely they got lost with our national postal service.
I`m still optimistic that they will arrive.

until then any other recommendations?

Vali

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ask the post office, they should know about it. I receive a pack of seeds either, a while ago. I don't think they lose them, they just don't call or send the notice or something.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
bought a pack, they were shipped exactly one month ago but did not arive. most likely they got lost with our national postal service.
I`m still optimistic that they will arrive.

until then any other recommendations?
Send an email to the store.
Dutch law states that an online vendor has an obligation for delivering goods.
So if you explain the situation, they'll probably tell you to wait another week, and then contact them again if it hasn't arrived. My guess is that they'll replace the lost pack for a new one.

bluone23

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Ask the post office, they should know about it. I receive a pack of seeds either, a while ago. I don't think they lose them, they just don't call or send the notice or something.
I already went, no envelope

Send an email to the store.
Dutch law states that an online vendor has an obligation for delivering goods.
So if you explain the situation, they'll probably tell you to wait another week, and then contact them again if it hasn't arrived. My guess is that they'll replace the lost pack for a new one.
I think the law applies to all EU countries.
I`ll wait a few more weeks and then will try to ask them.

bluone23

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
just an update, in the 1st order I somehow did not add the city correctly and it most likely got lost.

ordered a second time,correct address, arrived in 10 days with post.

Top Bottom