Trident maple stock is popping.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Just wanted to show a picture of the trident maples I cut hard to lines this winter and how much they are growing. these have 4 to 9 inch trunks and 6 to 15 inch bases!
So happy to have these. Just put them up for sale at the shop and already sold 9. They arn't on the website since they are so big and work to ship.

20130419_154634.jpg

Dat5un

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Looking Good

Oooooh man those are looking nice. Going to be some beautiful trees.

evmibo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
It looks like you're right on the edge of 9a in Deland. Do you have any trouble with leaf burn there? I've always thought my zone (10a) was just too much for Acer buergerianum (especially A. palmatum) but seeing these gives me a tad of hope.

subnet_rx

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yeah, I'm in 8b and always thought it was too hot in my zone. Do you know of any tridents that have survived 10 years or more in a pot in zone 9? I'd love to try one, but I keep thinking I'm going to end up regretting it one day when it finally gives up in this 95+ degree heat and short to no winters.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yeah, I'm in 8b and always thought it was too hot in my zone. Do you know of any tridents that have survived 10 years or more in a pot in zone 9? I'd love to try one, but I keep thinking I'm going to end up regretting it one day when it finally gives up in this 95+ degree heat and short to no winters.

Now you got me worried. Late last year, I bought a few bigger trees to work on because a year prior, the seedlings I bought thrived. They were kept under shade most of the time but we can get 115*F here during the peak of summer. :eek:

I need to ask some of the older club members for more info. I do know several of them have tridents but not sure for how long.

gionk

Sapling
Reaction score
wishing i lived closer.. ive wanted a trident for some time.
i have shipped a ficus from fla, after flying there to hand pick it out :cool:
not in the cards right now tho :(

Top Bottom