Trident maple wholesale seedlings source in Europe

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to buy 50-100 Trident Maple seedlings and plant them in the ground for a couple of years to thicken the trunk. I will let them grow and chop several times.

Is there a reliable source in Europe?

As I will keep the original soil, can I plant them directly in the ground on a slab or something so the trees will develop radial roots?

Thanks.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have not found one, and bought a bunch of seeds to grow them myself last year? Two years ago?.

Reaction score
Bonsai.de is usually having but not right now in stock. I have emailed them to ask if they can help.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I think that now, most providers are out of stock.

Try this one later : https://www.maillot-bonsai.com/fr/boutique/7_plants-de-pepiniere/123_acer-buergerianum-en-godet

But if you want to grow your own stock, you can try "Semences du Puy" :

https://www.semencesdupuy.com/en/acer-buergerianumtrident-maple.html

It might be still time to get some and plant them. It's a very reliable professional. On theeir website, they say that the rate of germination is about 35%, but last time I ordered A. buergerianum from them, it was well over 50%.

In their second or 3rd year, they can grow very fast if well looked after.

So for € 5.80 plus a small shipping fee, 225 seeds is not a bad opportunity I think: if only 5 germinate, it'll be cheaper than anything you can get elsewhere.

PS: I'm not paid by the company, I'm just a very satisfied customer - Acer, Sequoia, Taxodium, Celtis, etc. I've never been disappointed with what I ordered from them...

BonsaiEire

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pflanzmich in Germany have them but I think almost ten euro a pop

Moraito

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Not sure that the OP is four years later still looking ?
Probably not but I will take the chance brought by the necroed post and ask you where do you usually buy the seeds, you mention in a previous post that you bought some A.buerguerianum seeds. May I ask where did you source them? :)

BonsaiEire

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Probably not but I will take the chance brought by the necroed post and ask you where do you usually buy the seeds, you mention in a previous post that you bought some A.buerguerianum seeds. May I ask where did you source them? :)
I just received from an eBay seller ilverdedellanatura from Italy. Although I thought they were lost at first as ordered in November and only received this week. Semences de puy in France sometimes have also. Bit late for this year I think though.

Moraito

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I just received from an eBay seller ilverdedellanatura from Italy. Although I thought they were lost at first as ordered in November and only received this week. Semences de puy in France sometimes have also. Bit late for this year I think though.
Yeah, I am just gathering info for next year. My seedling trays are full already for this with seeds sourced locally. Thanks!

Top Bottom