Trident Surgery - Feedback Welcomed

Brad in GR

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My first major surgery on a "sort of more ish mature" piece of material. Trident Maple incremental trunk chop, heavy root prune, and repot. These wash basins are of course for future growth and not meant to be aesthetically pleasing.

So happy that the tree is doing well this spring and welcome any suggestions or advice.

This is the second video for me this spring, I have editing to do on on a collection vid for an American Elm and some kind of oak that I'll probably take some heat for, but learned a lot from.

Great Lakes Bonsai sounds like a club, or organization, or... there has to be more than just one person? but it's just me and a few videos in my back yard... but I love doing them! If anything it documents my progress on trees for future reference.

jmw_bonsai

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The Carolina Bonsai Expo is October 12 & 13, 2019. If you are thinking of going, get your motel reservations in now.
Plus one of the best maple nurseries Mr Maple is about 20 mins away! Mostly grafted, but great way to get some nice cultivar stock for cuttings and air layers.

Brad in GR

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Plus one of the best maple nurseries Mr Maple is about 20 mins away! Mostly grafted, but great way to get some nice cultivar stock for cuttings and air layers.

Good thoughts... oooh. I need to get my hands on some quality acer palmatum / green for future dev. So expensive even for mediocre/small nursery stock....

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Brent at Evergreen Gardenworks offers a ton of a. palmatum varieties, all of which (or mostly all anyway) are from cuttings. So no grafts.

Great service, great quality, and I think the prices are pretty darn good!

Top Bottom