Trip to Omiya Bonsai Village

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It looks like some of your photos repeat, and unfortunately your focus is off in most of them, wackado indeed.

kakejiku

Chumono
Reaction score
Some interesting facts I learned about Omiya...it was a migration of Bonsai artists out of Tokyo in the mid 1900's. Started with 36 bonsai nurseries...Now down to 6. By the way, Kyuka En could sure use an apprentice, but you would have to spend your time helping them remodel.

Most fun thing was speaking to Mr. Yamada at Seikoen. I saw a Nashi bonsai there. Now that is what I would like to see more of in America (fruiting bonsai).

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Some interesting facts I learned about Omiya...it was a migration of Bonsai artists out of Tokyo in the mid 1900's. Started with 36 bonsai nurseries...Now down to 6. By the way, Kyuka En could sure use an apprentice, but you would have to spend your time helping them remodel.

Most fun thing was speaking to Mr. Yamada at Seikoen. I saw a Nashi bonsai there. Now that is what I would like to see more of in America (fruiting bonsai).
I love SeikoEn. Next time I'm there, I'll buy more unusual Saika bonsai pots.Yeah KyukaEn needs some work ?

Top Bottom