Triple trunk sapling??

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Is this a triple trunk JBP or just low branches? Also no they do not live indoors there only in for the night do to random temperature drop. The trunk or branches are pretty much level with trunk at the bottom.

Attachments

• 20220408_175727.jpg
    20220408_175727.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Personally would call either way as personal choice dictates;). Have seen many natural trees(conifers)dividing several feet above ground considered to have forked trunks. This one much closer to ground.

Last edited:

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
I would consider this currently a trunk with 2 strong, low, upright branches but it is still a very young seedling. As it grows and develops appearances can and will change.
If all 3 of those leaders continue to grow upright they will soon become definite trunks and the tree will be triple trunk.

Of course pruning or other events could change all that again.

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Alright thanks. I'm not going to be pruning on this one at all for a while just going to let it do its thing. I have 2 other JBP that I can prune befor I mess with this one. Any who it dropped to freezing last night so I brought all my saplings in doors for the night since there so young they will go back out today .

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I would lop off the 2 on the right and see what that left one with a bit of movement would decide to do.

Haxor Dave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I would lop off the 2 on the right and see what that left one with a bit of movement would decide to do.
I didn't notice the tiny one tell I took the picture it will go for sure . But I kinda wanna let them grow and see what happens. I just found my wire yesterday. You think I could wire them or to early still?

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Way too early to wire these. You'll likely break something before getting the wire on and bends. Pines are flexible for much longer than many other species so real early wire is not necessary.

Top Bottom