Trophy in Belgium, Feb 19-20, 2022

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I think I'll have a look!
Just a two hour drive from my house. Now.. I just have to remember to bring more money than last time.

For the international visitors: If local Belgian hotels don't suit your needs, consider Dutch cities like Maastricht. Good food, hospitable people. But of course, Liege is also pretty sweet that time of year.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Someday I want to go...So interesting that there is a special prize for windswept bonsai. Is this a rotating type of award category, or is this a special memorial or what?

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will uk digital covid vaccine certificate count or do you think I may have difficulties
When someone made the clever mistake of making the UK leave the EEA, you also missed out on some benefits. The EU corona passport is one of them:

But.. If you get tested the day before, you can show the negative test, which is the same endgame.

Lutonian

Chumono
Reaction score
Luton, East Anglia, England, Great Britain
USDA Zone
9a
When someone made the clever mistake of making the UK leave the EEA, you also missed out on some benefits. The EU corona passport is one of them:

But.. If you get tested the day before, you can show the negative test, which is the same endgame.
If they except tests that OK with me. Best not start on politics and brexit and have this thread spin out of control, but I will say since brexit my house has gone up in value I have received a £6000 per annum pay rise the only negative for me so far is in importing trees from EU and I had to wait 20 minutes for petrol, I won't comment on politics anymore in this thread

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
For the international visitors: If local Belgian hotels don't suit your needs, consider Dutch cities like Maastricht. Good food, hospitable people. But of course, Liege is also pretty sweet that time of year.
I'd choose Maastricht over Liege any day :)

I'll be there too, only a 50 minute drive. Not sure yet if I'll go 1 or 2 days.
@leatherback what have you got for thrades this year? :D

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@leatherback what have you got for thrades this year? :D
You looking for any specific stuff? I am hoping to get rid of 50 trees the next 12 months. I doubt any is of sufficient quality for you, considering where you have your homebase..

PA_Penjing

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Really want to get out to this soon but I don’t want to risk covid screwing it up after being foiled at the national show. Hopefully 2022?

WimA

Sapling
Reaction score
I look forward to attend for the first time! I'd be happy to meet up with forum members as well.
@leatherback As I have just started in bonsai, and have just been growing seedlings/cuttings/some nursery material, I would be very interested in getting something that is a little more mature... Let me know what you want to get rid off!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I look forward to attend for the first time! I'd be happy to meet up with forum members as well.
@leatherback As I have just started in bonsai, and have just been growing seedlings/cuttings/some nursery material, I would be very interested in getting something that is a little more mature... Let me know what you want to get rid off!
sure, drop me a pm with what you are after, species, raw/developed etc. I have olives, potentilla, beech, juniperus, pomegranate and some maples ready to shift location.

Top Bottom