Tropical outside... a new shelf

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I've brought a few more trees into my collection, moved some into more sun that I had on another bench...making less room on the bench for tropical for full sun. Oh geesh...so antiquing I came across this really thick, heavy wooden shelf. Not sure what the intended purpose was. But it is now a shelf. Works perfectly...just need to find something to hold the ficus. Would love to find another clay chimney cap like I have out back. So am looking for one currently.

We took out a shrub that was between two trees in the landscape. I still want to add a perennial...Need to go to the nursery and find something that rabbit statue will tuck in front of. I have Black Mondo grass in a pot...But this gets really hot intense afternoon sun...so maybe to hot for it. Will look into that first. Since I have it already...and would like to thin the pots I lug in and out of the greenhouse. But I like looking through that opening where the missing shrub once was...to the shelf now that is mounted just past that area.
20210606_202030.jpg

Need to find time to wire this tigerbark out more...and that chimney cap...or something else. I would like a focal area on the main deck for it to be displayed.
tigerbark outside 2021 on stone pony wall.jpg

CoreSeverin

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
that is such a nice set up. picturesque and lovely!
I've brought a few more trees into my collection, moved some into more sun that I had on another bench...making less room on the bench for tropical for full sun. Oh geesh...so antiquing I came across this really thick, heavy wooden shelf. Not sure what the intended purpose was. But it is now a shelf. Works perfectly...just need to find something to hold the ficus. Would love to find another clay chimney cap like I have out back. So am looking for one currently.

We took out a shrub that was between two trees in the landscape. I still want to add a perennial...Need to go to the nursery and find something that rabbit statue will tuck in front of. I have Black Mondo grass in a pot...But this gets really hot intense afternoon sun...so maybe to hot for it. Will look into that first. Since I have it already...and would like to thin the pots I lug in and out of the greenhouse. But I like looking through that opening where the missing shrub once was...to the shelf now that is mounted just past that area.
View attachment 379557

Need to find time to wire this tigerbark out more...and that chimney cap...or something else. I would like a focal area on the main deck for it to be displayed.
View attachment 379559

Top Bottom