Trunk chop/ hard pruning, am I doing it right?

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
At least your safe. Several communities south of me had multiple fires from a faulty gas line. One poor kid was in his car and a chimney collapsed on to the roof of his car, killing him. Some nasty explosions.

In fact, an individual that recently displayed a massive collected Pitch Pine and the latest U.S. Nationals resides in one of the affected areas. Doesn't post here, but hope he is well.....

The world can be beautiful and cruel.....:(

Stay safe!!

Shinjuku

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I’d chop it even lower and go for a mame style. And move it into full shade to recover after the repot.

Oh, wait... :p

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
0292CA80-3841-4462-BE42-B7FAC573A731.jpegI think I’d chop like this addition to your photo. It has potential. The white bark will mature over time to a warm rust colored brown. The harsh angles should soften...but perhaps a little grinding carve will help that transition.

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Another one, we’re still picking up the pieces from the typhoon. Between 6000-8000 trees got damaged in Shenzhen alone. I know it’s China and all, but this is the greenest city I’ve seen in my life
14366A42-9BC1-4EFE-ABA9-ECD7294B8E27.jpeg
I think this one will actually look awesome in the years to come.
P.S. I’m not too sure what type of tree this is, some sort of 2 needle pine

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Casuarinas and the paper bark Mel are some of the biggest invasive species in certain parts of the world. Often they are banned altogether in places. Another good one to take cuttings from though. Getting an exact ID on them can be tough but likely it is a C. equisetifolia.
I'm guessing in China you may not have such restrictions. :D

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
These trees don’t really do it for me. I like the paperbarks though. The interwebs did say that it was invasive so I figured I’ll have no problems growing seeds or taking cuttings.

Top Bottom