Tsuga c. literati?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
On the Ryan Neil Repotting thread I decided to use “Tom Fincels top down technique” to repot this in the Spring. I bought a big grow bag that should be just a bit wider than the pot it is in currently. 1C89F9D3-CC54-4731-B1E4-D61EDC0856C9.png

I’m excited to have a plan forward that not only, I think,give a maximum chance at survival, but also, assuming it makes it through, could have it in the right sized pot within a few years.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I ended up not attempting the top down repot this Spring. But, the core sample back-filled with pumice seems to have returned some vigor. Or, maybe the 3-1 knocked out a pest? Some parts of the tree are doing much better than others, especially the daughter tree.. maybe they aren’t connected under there?IMG_6489.jpeg

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dang man... pull some weeds! They are sucking up the space for your roots as well as nutrition. Have you no shame posting that pic? LOL

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Dang man... pull some weeds! They are sucking up the space for your roots as well as nutrition. Have you no shame posting that pic? LOL
Actually, I was leaving those on purpose. I figure that if there is a soil compaction issue, then the weeds will help pull air through the pot. It’s not like a shohin where a lower branch will get shaded out.

I did at least mow the lawn after the picture.😊

Top Bottom