Tsuga canadensis collected

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
just read through this thread. Good info in here.
The last styling was definitely a huge improvement.
I did this virt for my own curiosity and it could work. You seem to have a lot of branching on the left side. Plenty to rearrange and bring down to back fill the missing branch. Maybe a Jin with the removed branch?
View attachment 278768
I’m thinking about going this way with the tree, but I am not sure. Reverse taper is getting worse with the current design, but it has nice balance with both sets of lower branches.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I’ve been pleased with the progress of this tree under Aaron’s care, while I see if Tsuga can make it in coastal South Carolina.
He worked the roots and repotted into the Rayner pot. Wire and cleanup coming soon.IMG_0218.jpeg

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’ve been pleased with the progress of this tree under Aaron’s care, while I see if Tsuga can make it in coastal South Carolina.
He worked the roots and repotted into the Rayner pot. Wire and cleanup coming soon.View attachment 541563
Looks great I’m confused who is Aaron . And or did you move .

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Looks great I’m confused who is Aaron . And or did you move .
I moved over the summer from outside DC to Myrtle Beach, SC. I’m not sure if Tsuga can take the heat here, so I have some less special Tsuga as guinea pigs. Aaron is active in NVBS and he is caring for two of my nice Tsuga.
The “Depot” Tsuga, I have (pipe dream) aspirations that someday it could be donated to the National Arboretum, in honor of Pete and Caecilie Jones.

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I moved over the summer from outside DC to Myrtle Beach, SC. I’m not sure if Tsuga can take the heat here, so I have some less special Tsuga as guinea pigs. Aaron is active in NVBS and he is caring for two of my nice Tsuga.
The “Depot” Tsuga, I have (pipe dream) aspirations that someday it could be donated to the National Arboretum, in honor of Pete and Caecilie Jones.
Congrats on the move sounds nice . ( new collecting opportunity) there is of course Carolina hemlock basically southern version of Canadian . I’m thinking your largest problem keeping Canadian in SC is going to be lack of cold for a dormant season , the heat is a concern . But in the shade with pot Cooled maybe buried . Might work . They don’t like sustained over 90f temp so could be tough. The tree looks great though

Top Bottom