Turface Results After 2 Years

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
And the color is so nice. But it's hydropiylic when dry.

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Wonderful information so far, thank you everyone for the input and information. I'd tag you all but that's a little crazy lol

I understand what you guys are saying and see how it should be used correctly. Now the skewed results make sense, so thank you for helping me clear my confusion.

I never take anything for turface, I mean surface value so I'm always digging a little deeper.

The glass beads look interesting, @Anthony what are the little particles between the beads? sand/fert?

Cheers!

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Post 1&5 isn't the Hagedorn article. And turface doesn't break down. Lots of dust can accumulate in the bottom of pots sitting outside for a couple years. Ask anyone with a swimming pool. I don't presently use Turface, because I got the same results as Hagedorn. However, it's redeeming quality to me was the fact it does not break down.
Neither does concrete???:rolleyes:

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@StoneCloud ,

just a simple mix of aged compost and 3 mm glass beads.
The other spheres are an osmocote type fertiliser from Israel designed for use at 30 deg,C.

I believe it was Paul of Australia who suggested that one could grow trees in any stable support,
even styro balls, back some years ago on Ausbonsai.
The guy is really very smart.
Good Day
Anthony

Top Bottom