Turntable

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
well done sir! I used old tiles and discarded lumber. works great too. like 5$ for the turntable mechanism at the depot.

Auk

Seedling
Reaction score
I got this one. EUR 6,99 :

snudda-draaiplateau__37244_PE129233_S4.JPG

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
You will find that a RUBBER doorstop will hold those in place nicely when you have the weight of the plant on it ;)

Grimmy

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I got mine in the baking aisle of GIANT for about 5 bucks. just heavy duty enough to handle my trees

D805

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I got mine in the baking aisle of GIANT for about 5 bucks. just heavy duty enough to handle my trees
I'm going to have to make a stop at Giant on the way home from work today. :)

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@D805 If you strike out try ebay. I noticed that a lot of people on this site have the same black plastic turntable as me. Won't accomodate a really big bonsai but shohin and medium guys are just fine for it

D805

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@D805 If you strike out try ebay. I noticed that a lot of people on this site have the same black plastic turntable as me. Won't accomodate a really big bonsai but shohin and medium guys are just fine for it
Thanks, I'll check that out. I remember seeing a DIY one with parts from Home Depot or Lowes. I think it came out to about $20 for the parts.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thanks, I'll check that out. I remember seeing a DIY one with parts from Home Depot or Lowes. I think it came out to about $20 for the parts.

That one from Giant and the 5-6USD one from Ikea work just fine. I have a couple we use on plants that go 25 pounds potted with no problem. Also, if you get wood mineral oil keeps them waterproof, the stuff from the drug store. It also works great on clay pots after cleaning off calcium with vinegar.
To keep those turntables in place once a plant is on it we also found a rubber doorstop or erasure wedge in just fine, if not trim them down with a file...
Making one for heavier stuff is also very cost effective but check out alternatives first like heavy weight ones for large LCD displays.
They will last a long time if not left outdoors which to me is no problem.

Grimmy

Top Bottom