Twin Trunk Serissa

lieuz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Went to a local nursery I haven't been to in years and completely forgotten how great their stock were compared to the ones I've been frequenting. Found a small serissa that had a pretty apparent style hidden within the multiple trunks. For 10 bucks, it was worth it!

What I bought.
cJ0nsQM.jpg

What I ended up with after pruning and styling.
B3bNm9H.jpg

What I'd like to see work with within this year and next.
r4R7NRg.jpg

What I'd like for this tree to look like int he end.
HSH1vER.png

Got a long way to go, but I really liked the process this tree took me through. Especially now working on my note 3 that allows for editing to be so accessible. My thoughts were should I need the branching between the two trunks? I always thought that multiple trunks has branches snipped to allow for no branch growth between the two trunks to satisfy this style.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
When in doubt I look around at trees in nature to answer questions like this.

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I suspect the tree will look a bit more natural if you shorten one trunk drastically -- making it a "mother-daughter" tree rather than a twin. It is much too balanced with equal-size trunks.

lieuz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I suspect the tree will look a bit more natural if you shorten one trunk drastically -- making it a "mother-daughter" tree rather than a twin. It is much too balanced with equal-size trunks.

I agree with you 100%. The tip of the right trunk has been cut and the left trunk tip I've let alone. I am thinking once grown, the height difference will be more natural rather than cut it now. Thank you for pointing that out!

lieuz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just wanted to post a picture updating the progress of the tree. The tree has done well after its repot and is growing wonderfully. This is what it looks like after the beginning of the growing season. I've noticed with summer, the more direct sun it gets, the darker the foliage becomes. This is quite an interesting little specimen.

Since this picture, the tree has been rewired and has finally gained some height!
7Ch7tbI.png

Top Bottom